Latest Posts

Topic: Tournament 2022

tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-04, 15:51

I can't find anything about win conditions in the rules. Did I just miss it, or is it autocrat by default or will it be also announced for each round, or freely picked by the players?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-04, 17:24

I did not yet think about it. But Autocrat was mostly played in Tournaments and it is underlying most of the other Winconditions.
Will think about choosing other Wincondition for some round.

Top Quote
Seefahrer
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-09-04, 17:49

hessenfarmer wrote:

Hallo Seefahrer,

Richtig die Flatpaks sind nur für Linux. Die Version die du runtergeladen hast, ist nicht die Turnierversion, aber kompatibel. Somit kannst du diese bedenkenlos fürs Turnier verwenden. Die große Datei die du runtergeladen hast ist unser Installer, der dir die Windowsversion installiert. Im 3. Post hab ich auch einen Li k zu den Windows installern der Turnierversion hinterlegt.

Ach so! Sorry, hatte vorher nicht begriffen, dass der "Updated flatpack available"-Thread nur die Linux-Version betrifft. Ich hatte gesehen, dass du dein 1. Postings hier editiert hattest mit dem Namen der aktuellen Entwicklungsversion, aber ich hatte nicht gesehen, dass du dein 3. Postings auch dementsprechend editiert hattest mit dem direkten-Download-Link zu der neuen Version. Sorry, mein Fehler! Ich hab die falsche Version von eben jetzt wieder von meinem Computer gelöscht und jetzt die richtige runtergeladen, installiert sich gerade. Bei der Datei steht bei mir im Namen zusätzlich zu "b301eaa@master" auch noch "Version master-9541Releasex64"... hat das so seine Richtigkeit?

Edit:

Scheint funktioniert zu haben, ich krieg den normalen Startmenübildschirm und unten drunter steht Version 1.1 / 25864 / b301eaa face-smile.png

Edited: 2022-09-04, 19:09

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-04, 18:05

hessenfarmer wrote:

I did not yet think about it. But Autocrat was mostly played in Tournaments and it is underlying most of the other Winconditions.

I want to suggest at least one round with HQ-Hunter win condition. I think this can lead to different playing than autocrat and might make games a little bit shorter because not all warehouses must be conquered.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-04, 19:31

Seefahrer wrote:

Edit:

Scheint funktioniert zu haben, ich krieg den normalen Startmenübildschirm und unten drunter steht Version 1.1 / 25864 / b301eaa face-smile.png

Super

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-04, 19:40

Ok

I will consider HQ Hunter for one round.
I will post the win condition toghether with the map and the pairings for each round.
I will do the draw of the first round tonight, and post the pairings.
I may be up for a training match tonight after 20:15

kaputtnik wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

I want to suggest at least one round with HQ-Hunter win condition. I think this can lead to different playing than autocrat and might make games a little bit shorter because not all warehouses must be conquered.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-05, 10:33

The match hessenfarmer vs Nordfriese will be on Thursday the 8th at 19:30 CEST.

Small question: Are players allowed to choose their player colour, or do we have to use the default colours? I usually play in saturated cyan, but I'm not sure if that is a) allowed and b) sufficiently distinct from player-1-default-blue.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-05, 13:32

If both players agree they may choose their colours freely.
For our match I see no problem for you using cyan

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-05, 18:15

niektory vs. tothxa will be on Tuesday the 6th at 22:00 CEST

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-06, 16:56

hessenfarmer wrote:

and its not perfectly balanced because its a 3 players map. Would be balanced for a 1v1v1 but a 1v1 is a different story. And like the map for round 1, there are blockades of stones which block everything... Such a map isnt really playable.

The map was made by the time ships were introduced to game, to have some maps where ships can be used. Ships allow access to gold and also allow acccess to backstab the enemy, without removing all the stones.

It is true that the balancing is not perfect for 1 vs 1.

Well, I could not find that it was ever used in a tournament.

That has happened once upon time. The winning move in the far distance tournament was to block the other player from accessing any of the remote harbours, which nailed it.

So can you provide me when this had happened?

Rather soon after first build with ships was out.

Top Quote