Topic: Tournament 2022

tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-01, 23:18

hessenfarmer wrote:

how do you define late nigth?

Probably 23:00 or even later start time. (I think all of you are living in Germany, so we're in the same time zone.) And then a 4 hour game can be too exhausting.

Top Quote
Seefahrer
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-09-02, 06:43

I can only speak for myself of course, but for me it would be totally ok playing against you e.g. at a Friday night at 23 o'clock (or later). We could play whatever mode you want, and if we would have a non-peaceful mode, then the game also don't have to be 4 hours long but maybe just 1 or 2 hours or so, depending on the (size of the) map. I hope that for the others it maybe also would be ok, if the single round in which they're playing against you would be at a similar time spot, as it would be only one time. Of course it is a bit late, but as Widelands is a game to bring people together, I think no one should be excluded just because real life time schedule doesn't allow for an earlier daytime.

hessenfarmer, concerning your post from 22-08-28: Thank you for your writings! :-) Although I meant a mode a bit different from what my links were implying, meaning that although a player who would have opted to not be ranked would not have been allocated points when he would have won a game, but if he would have lost a game, nevertheless his (ranking-opted) winning opponent of course would have got allocated the points for that game win (sorry for not having explained it that clear the last time). But, however, anyway I totally understand you and that to fit for the Buchholtz system, all players have to be handled/calculated the same way, and of course that's also ok for me. And although I am not that sure that it would be an honour to maybe become famous as Wideland's Tasmania Berlin face-grin.png face-wink.png , I understand what you ate meaning: that participating of every single one is a win for all and for the game. And thank you for your technical explanations of how to use the development version. Which is the release candidate development version which will be used in the tournament? The latest in the "Updated flatpack available"-thread?"

Edited: 2022-09-02, 06:43

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-02, 13:09

@tothxa

I think we should give it a try. Games may be saved and continued if both players agree.
Would playing early morning be an alternative as well?

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-02, 14:15

tothxa wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Probably 23:00 or even later start time. (I think all of you are living in Germany, so we're in the same time zone.) And then a 4 hour game can be too exhausting.

Yes, let's give it a try -> if you want i can also stay longer awake if we play our round - as long its not 3 days in a row, it is totally fine to play two or 3 days longer.

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-09-02, 15:29

hessenfarmer wrote:

Would playing early morning be an alternative as well?

Unfortunately no.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-02, 22:18

Now I found the map for round 3, although I didn't test it for the tournament.

I think we should fellowships a chance, as it is
a) an official map
b) perfectly balanced
c) never used in a tournament

Again if no objections Round 3 will be played on fellowships.

Top Quote
Mars

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-09-02, 23:09

the-x wrote:

tothxa wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Yes, let's give it a try -> if you want i can also stay longer awake if we play our round - as long its not 3 days in a row, it is totally fine to play two or 3 days longer.

I agree, one late game should be ok.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-09-02, 23:33

hessenfarmer wrote:

Now I found the map for round 3, although I didn't test it for the tournament.

I think we should fellowships a chance, as it is
a) an official map
b) perfectly balanced
c) never used in a tournament

Again if no objections Round 3 will be played on fellowships.

I disagree. Mars won his tournament final on it, and its not perfectly balanced because its a 3 players map. Would be balanced for a 1v1v1 but a 1v1 is a different story. And like the map for round 1, there are blockades of stones which block everything... Such a map isnt really playable.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2022-09-03, 04:26

Yo, I haven't played or read the forums for over a year but I can't just miss a tournament, can I? So I'm coming back from the dead to participate. face-cool.png

Top Quote
Hasi50
Version: 1.2 (selfcompiled master etc)
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2022-09-03, 13:31

Sorry I am late,

but I should not misss this. So please add me to the list of participants.

Will we play on master or will there bee a release 1.1 tag soon?

See you.

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote