Topic: Atlanteans 2

waldecker
Version: DailyBuild
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 10:59

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

• sometimes (when loading a saved game) I get an Error Message "Lua Coroutine failed" (see screenshot)

was a typo, corrected it.

Still get the Error (playing Zip from April 30th, 23:33)

Edited: 2022-05-02, 13:13

Attachment:
Error_scout_house_02.png

Yesterday I stood before an abyss, today I'm one step further

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 11:59

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

• ~ 10 Minutes after the Empire is defeated, the Barbarians attack me, but I can't attack them (see screenshot)

that is intentional. you can't attack them because they would kill Jundlina in this case. but you should prepare to defend yourself, and delay their attacks until you have build the temple and Jundlina is back. Maybe I should spend a textbox to explain this.

Understood. But why are defeated heroes replaced by rookies? Even with heroes still in the warehouse? How many Priests need to be created? Got 3 already and nothing happens.

Cheers Waldecker

Edited: 2022-05-02, 13:13

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 13:14

waldecker wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

• sometimes (when loading a saved game) I get an Error Message "Lua Coroutine failed" (see screenshot)

did you start a new game after downloading the zip?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 13:18

waldecker wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

that is intentional. you can't attack them because they would kill Jundlina in this case. but you should prepare to defend yourself, and delay their attacks until you have build the temple and Jundlina is back. Maybe I should spend a textbox to explain this.

Understood. But why are defeated heroes replaced by rookies? Even with heroes still in the warehouse?

that is most probably a behaviour of the soldier algorithm and not related to the scenario. @Nordfriese?

How many Priests need to be created? Got 3 already and nothing happens.

as you got the coroutine error the script is stopped there and yo can't continue the storyline. (2 are needed but the script is not doing anything anymore after the coroutine fail.

Cheers Waldecker

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 13:24

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Understood. But why are defeated heroes replaced by rookies? Even with heroes still in the warehouse?

that is most probably a behaviour of the soldier algorithm and not related to the scenario. @Nordfriese?

Yes, that's the normal behaviour and not specific to a scenario: As long as a military site lacks soldiers (e.g. because a soldier died), the economy sends it the first-best replacement soldier who is available, regardless of soldier levels. Only when the site is fully stocked it starts to specifically request better soldiers than it has to replace its lower-ranking occupants.

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 14:03

Another observation, not sure if its Scenario related.

I have 2 harbours and one warehouse. In one harbour all goods are set to "do not store". Nevertheless, tools are delivered to this harbour to train a required craftsman. This takes a lot of time since the tool is delivered by ship to the furthest harbour and than the craftsman is shipped back to the main harbour from where he walks to the building he is required in.

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 14:37

waldecker wrote:

Another observation, not sure if its Scenario related.

I have 2 harbours and one warehouse. In one harbour all goods are set to "do not store". Nevertheless, tools are delivered to this harbour to train a required craftsman. This takes a lot of time since the tool is delivered by ship to the furthest harbour and than the craftsman is shipped back to the main harbour from where he walks to the building he is required in.

Attachment:
Logistics.zip (2.6 MB)

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 16:35

Again not scenario-related. "Do not store" means exactly that – the warehouse/port will not store tools. This does not stop it from using tools to create needed workers. That workers who need tools are often spawned at the oldest warehouse instead of the closest one is a known bug.

Top Quote
waldecker
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 16:47

waldecker wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

waldecker wrote:

yes, as you can see, it refers to a different value (248/249 and 255/256)

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-05-02, 20:21

waldecker wrote:

yes, as you can see, it refers to a different value (248/249 and 255/256)

Oh my god. 2 typos in one line of coding and I did not find the second one while correcting the first one. At some point oin time you get blinded in your own code.
Mea culpa.

Fixed it now hopefully

Top Quote