Latest Posts

Topic: Amazon Rare Tree Default

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2022-04-15, 21:11

I've probably overlooked something but is not infinite rare wood a better default? As far as I can tell they consume nothing so what benefit is there to turning them off when you have reached a certain stock in the WH? I've already learned the rare tree plantations are bad places for liana cutters and wilderness keepers since they can't rely on trees being planted there.

I've saved myself a new default for Ama's but I'm wondering if this should not be the game default.

Or could it be this is the mechanism for how demand for each of the 3 types is controlled? Guess I'll find out.

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-04-16, 21:19

Yes, it is controlling demand: https://www.widelands.org/forum/topic/5399/?page=1#post-37963

Although I wonder how effective it is considering that the demand controls the planting decisions, so there is a long delay until the required tree can actually be harvested.

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2022-04-17, 18:48

tothxa wrote:

Yes, it is controlling demand: https://www.widelands.org/forum/topic/5399/?page=1#post-37963

Although I wonder how effective it is considering that the demand controls the planting decisions, so there is a long delay until the required tree can actually be harvested.

In the large Ama economy I'm running in a game right now I'd say it is not very. I was aware of the delay effect and it seems that once you reach a certain critical mass of rare tree plantations it evens out the wild swings to some extent.

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote