Latest Posts

Topic: Frisian Coal Help Page

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2022-02-23, 03:02

a) It states that both Kiln and Burner consume 3x log and 1x clay to make 1 coal but this is not true. The Burner does not consume any clay and it seems it might consume 2x logs as it says so when it is short of logs.

The two are listed one above the other and it might also be that the Burner recipe entry is missing completely rather than it being a combined list.

b) I don't remember but I think it has been suggested before that the building help pages should duplicate the recipe information contained in the wares help pages. Logically when one wants to know what one needs and in what quantities before erecting a building that includes not just the building materials but also the incoming wares it will need. The building help already lists what is needed and where it comes from, why not just add in the amount needed? e.g. Charcoal Kiln says it needs logs from a woodcutter. Why not have it say it needs 3 logs from a woodcutter?

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-02-23, 11:05

Just to be sure you are talking about the "in Game" Help aren't you? Will have a look.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-02-23, 22:44

mxb2001 wrote:

a) It states that both Kiln and Burner consume 3x log and 1x clay to make 1 coal but this is not true. The Burner does not consume any clay and it seems it might consume 2x logs as it says so when it is short of logs.

I can't confirm the wrong display for the buildings with latest trunk. Which version are you referring to? The burner consumes 3 log, however the building tooltip only mentions the wares missing in the building. So if 1 log is present it says 2 are missing.

Edit: I found out that you are right for Version 1.0 but it has been fixed since then.

The two are listed one above the other and it might also be that the Burner recipe entry is missing completely rather than it being a combined list.

b) I don't remember but I think it has been suggested before that the building help pages should duplicate the recipe information contained in the wares help pages. Logically when one wants to know what one needs and in what quantities before erecting a building that includes not just the building materials but also the incoming wares it will need. The building help already lists what is needed and where it comes from, why not just add in the amount needed? e.g. Charcoal Kiln says it needs logs from a woodcutter. Why not have it say it needs 3 logs from a woodcutter?

this is already implemented in latest trunk.

Edited: 2022-02-23, 22:47

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2022-02-24, 00:27

Yeah I noticed that it states only how many it is missing later. Nice to hear it will be fixed in 1.1 (or whatever version is next)

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote