Latest Posts

Topic: wares and buildings costs and dependencies

BoeseKaiser
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-12-05, 17:39

Hi everyone, long time no write,

I looked for a spreadsheet or similar where production time and costs are listed for different wares, as well as the costs for buildings. The background is that i want to optimise my production (who would have thought in such a game) and even if balancing with economy health works well, i find that more precise informations would help having better strategies. I tried looking at the source code, but it seems these informations are spread all around, and I was thinking that someone might already have done that or have a better idea to gather this data.

I think i remember some data from the forum a while back, but i couldn't find it either. Alternatively, i would take pointers for where in the code i should look.

Thx, BK

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-12-05, 18:20

I started some similar task in the past but never succeeded fully.
So I would be very interested in the results if you succeed.

As a staeting point you might look into the table provided by niektory in the tempo training tournament.

Edit forgot the link: https://www.widelands.org/forum/post/32883/

Edited: 2021-12-05, 18:20

Top Quote
BoeseKaiser
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-12-06, 12:00

Thanks, and thanks niketroy.

this data is already quite complete!

It seems that the production times are all what is missing there. I'll double check the data and see if i can add prod times.

iirc, not all buildings/training site do their production at the same speed, do they? i'm not conting travel time for lumberjack etc. and i'm assuming perfect imput. I thought they did, but i remember reading things in the furum that made me think otherwise. Getting better is hard when one cann't remember things !

(Edit : Format edit)

Edited: 2021-12-06, 12:00

Top Quote