Latest Posts

Topic: Permanent Resource Indicators

tothxa
Topic Opener
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2021-11-25, 00:38

@littlekatana re https://www.widelands.org/forum/topic/5458 and https://www.widelands.org/forum/topic/5467

I created an addon to make the resource indicators (geologist sign posts) stay around until a matching mine removes them. Unfortunately a bug prevents it from working. A fix is available in the #5141 pull request.

I've only tested the posted version with the Barbarians so far.

I will only upload it to the addons server after the bug is fixed in master. I may also try first to add some more functionality for addons to use, to allow only changing what is actually necessary instead of duplicating so much of the official unit definitions.

Attachment:
perma-resi_wad.zip (8.1 KB)

Top Quote
tothxa
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2021-11-27, 23:01

The PR was merged and I uploaded the addon. Unfortunately Nordfriese found a fundamental problem that I missed: When no resource indicators are present in the workarea of a mine, then the mine will falsely report out of resources and the worker will get no experience, even though the mine will produce materials normally.

This is because I implemented the removal by abusing a feature in a way it wasn't meant to be used in, so it will be hard to fix it. It will require either a complete rewrite of the add-on in a much more complicated way, or some bigger change to the main program.

I aplogise for the rushed announcement.

Top Quote
tothxa
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2021-11-28, 20:10

Big thank you to Nordfriese who already made the necessary changes in the game code that will make this add-on work. I attach the updated version of the add-on. I'll upload it to the server when Nordfriese's changes are merged in master.

Attachment:
perma-resi_wad_0_4.zip (14.4 KB)

Top Quote
tothxa
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2021-12-01, 01:05

The required changes are now merged in the development version with commit 2c4e78b so I uploaded version 0.4 of this add-on. It should work now as intended.

Top Quote
tothxa
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2021-12-05, 22:31

With today's update, the development version on flathub-beta also supports this add-on.

Top Quote