Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: flatpak-betas for the v1.1 cycle?

tothxa
Topic Opener
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2021-08-03, 23:45

It's been nearly 2 months since v1.0, there are already important changes in the development version, and after some break, development seems to be speeding up again. So I think it's time for me to update the flatpak-beta to current master.

But first I'd like to ask what policy we should have for beta updates:

• Should it be roughly time based, but nothing else? (I'm thinking of about 1 month between updates until the freeze — "flathub-beta isn't meant for nightly builds")
  • Should I ask the main developers each time to pick a suitable commit?
  • Any other way?
  • (Forget the whole thing until the freeze? — and remove it from the wiki)

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-08-04, 11:03

It's been nearly 2 months since v1.0, there are already important changes in the development version, and after some break, development seems to be speeding up again. So I think it's time for me to update the flatpak-beta to current master.

+1 and thanks for packaging face-smile.png

Cases where a commit is not suitable for a flatpak beta build are very rare (when a commit introduces a critical error this is usually fixed very quickly), so picking the latest HEAD commit once a month sounds best.

Top Quote
tothxa
Topic Opener
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2021-08-04, 21:26

Thank you. I'll do it on my own then. A new one is now up on flathub-beta built from today's master.

(For suitable I thought of the possibility to push it when some important feature is added that needs testing from more users, or wait a little if such a feature is ready for merging. But I guess I can mostly use my own judgement for that as well.)

Top Quote