WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-10, 15:10

Nordfriese wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Can't compile the RC again. Will it be available via ppa, daily or non-daily?

~~~~ 40% tests passed, 3 tests failed out of 5

Total Test time (real) = 0.01 sec

The following tests FAILED: 1 - test_ai (BAD_COMMAND) 2 - test_economy (BAD_COMMAND) 3 - test_io_filesystem (BAD_COMMAND) Errors while running CTest make[2]: [CMakeFiles/_run_all_tests.dir/build.make:57: CMakeFiles/_run_all_tests] Fehler 8 make[1]: [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2748: CMakeFiles/_run_all_tests.dir/all] Fehler 2 make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Fehler 2

~~~~

Which means of download did you use for this?

I think the link which you posted in the tourney thread

Can you post/attach the complete build log?

If somebody tells me where to find it, I might do that

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-10, 15:36

feh wrote:

Deep mines (playing Frisian): when staffed with two Master Miners and you kick the bottom one, it's not restaffed when there's no Master Miner available. When kicked, the top Master Miner runs back in, goes to the bottom position and a regular Miner gets called for the top position.

Thats no bug, its logical behaviour. The workers are in a line and therefore you just kick the first, which you will find out after doing it once wrong.

Nordfriese wrote:

When i create a fortress, the weakest soldiers from HQ go there and to trainingscamp the strongest soldiers. Shouldnt it be the other way around?

That's not a bug, it's the desired behaviour. Understaffed militarysites (such as a newly completed fortress) accept the first-best soldier that happens to be available. Only when all slots are filled they are gradually substituted for better soldiers. We could let them vacuum in all available heroes first [...]

Thats indeed a heavy bug in my eyes, cause it affects the gameplay heavily in many ways. New player wonder why the trainingssite isnt working anymore if gets the exact correct axe. In 1v1 it leads to hidden knowledge, like how to kick and order troups in HQ that automatically the best get in a new fortress first. It also requires high micro not intelligent, but kicking all soldiers until you have the right in line, which could meanwhile wander to the trainingssite, bc he is the highsest available soldier.

Partly solution:

• in Traingscamps the buttom "prefer rookies over heroes"

• military sites must automatically get the best soldiers available, cause pros will always do the heavy and nerving in line micro

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-10, 15:46

@WorldSavior

Then I guess the zip/tarball GitHub gave you is corrupt. It's annoying that GitHub doesn't provide an md5 checksum. Best try downloading it again; if it is different from the first one perhaps it might be fine face-wink.png

The build log is not kept anywhere, to get one best delete the build directory, recompile, and copy-paste all output afterwards (or compile with ./compile.sh [OPTIONS…] > logfile.txt 2>&1 to write everything to logfile.txt)

Top Quote
feh
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-06-10, 17:38

Nordfriese wrote:

Already known face-smile.png

Thanks, didn't find that one face-plain.png

the-x wrote:

Thats no bug, its logical behaviour. The workers are in a line and therefore you just kick the first, which you will find out after doing it once wrong.

True, now I know. Though for me it was more logical to kick the second one as that worker would have been in the mine for a shorter period of time and hence would be less experienced. Also hierarchies are usually top to bottom.

Top Quote