Latest Posts

Topic: Bugs before version 1.0

Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-09, 13:49

I now created a .zip and a .tar.gz locally with git archive and verified they both work fine. I will upload them to Launchpad as soon as the 32-bit windows installer is finally uploaded. Given the combination of launchpad's speed and my network's speed this might take only another day or so…

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-09, 16:31

I found another major:

• When i create a fortress, the weakest soldiers from HQ go there and to trainingscamp the strongest soldiers. Shouldnt it be the other way around?

Top Quote
CrisiusXIII
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-06-09, 16:36

Hi, i did not read all messages but i just had a crash on CLOSING the online tab I appeared not to be online while checking the 'meerspeler' tab. it says i first need an extra online login so i closed and every thing was just gone. widelands was complete closed. i tried it a gain and if my internet is disconnected widelands crases on closing the 'multiplayer' tab i expect its a linux thing. i am on debian 10. now i go check for that other login

1.1~git25346[9925881@master] i did not (yet) install the new 1.0.

Edited: 2021-06-09, 16:39

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-09, 17:25

the-x wrote:

I found another major:

• When i create a fortress, the weakest soldiers from HQ go there and to trainingscamp the strongest soldiers. Shouldnt it be the other way around?

as such things are hard to reproduce a replay and a savegame are needed to investigte such behaviour. Otherwise we can't do anything. Can you provide at least a replay and the config you used?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-09, 17:31

CrisiusXIII wrote:

Hi, i did not read all messages but i just had a crash on CLOSING the online tab I appeared not to be online while checking the 'meerspeler' tab. it says i first need an extra online login so i closed and every thing was just gone. widelands was complete closed. i tried it a gain and if my internet is disconnected widelands crases on closing the 'multiplayer' tab i expect its a linux thing. i am on debian 10. now i go check for that other login

1.1~git25346[9925881@master] i did not (yet) install the new 1.0.

your version is already newer then release 1.0, because after we brached out the release candidate the development on version 1.1 got further with a lot of pending merge requests already apllied.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-09, 17:36

When i create a fortress, the weakest soldiers from HQ go there and to trainingscamp the strongest soldiers. Shouldnt it be the other way around?

That's not a bug, it's the desired behaviour. Understaffed militarysites (such as a newly completed fortress) accept the first-best soldier that happens to be available. Only when all slots are filled they are gradually substituted for better soldiers. We could let them vacuum in all available heroes first but this is not desired as it makes the economic aspects useless and screws up the power balance. Trainingsites on the other hand explicitly prefer soldiers with much training already and only accept rookies when no better soldiers can be trained (the no-longer-quite-new algorithm was discussed at length already and will be changed again when someone has the time and motivation to do that).

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-09, 22:57

Can't compile the RC again. Will it be available via ppa, daily or non-daily?

40% tests passed, 3 tests failed out of 5

Total Test time (real) =   0.01 sec

The following tests FAILED:
      1 - test_ai (BAD_COMMAND)
      2 - test_economy (BAD_COMMAND)
      3 - test_io_filesystem (BAD_COMMAND)
Errors while running CTest
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/_run_all_tests.dir/build.make:57: CMakeFiles/_run_all_tests] Fehler 8
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2748: CMakeFiles/_run_all_tests.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Fehler 2

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-10, 00:03

hessenfarmer wrote:

the-x wrote:

I found another major:

as such things are hard to reproduce a replay and a savegame are needed to investigte such behaviour. Otherwise we can't do anything. Can you provide at least a replay and the config you used?

The config is usual b19 build, but happend in the new builds (the last for tournament) as well. It happens in every usual game, i played the barbarian trainigsite. Its also a very lot of clicking for the units in the right order and gives some unbalance if another doesnt all the clicking in line.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-10, 10:04

WorldSavior wrote:

Can't compile the RC again. Will it be available via ppa, daily or non-daily?

~~~~ 40% tests passed, 3 tests failed out of 5

Total Test time (real) = 0.01 sec

The following tests FAILED: 1 - test_ai (BAD_COMMAND) 2 - test_economy (BAD_COMMAND) 3 - test_io_filesystem (BAD_COMMAND) Errors while running CTest make[2]: [CMakeFiles/_run_all_tests.dir/build.make:57: CMakeFiles/_run_all_tests] Fehler 8 make[1]: [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2748: CMakeFiles/_run_all_tests.dir/all] Fehler 2 make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Fehler 2

~~~~

Ouch. The daily PPA already has a version newer than 1.0, but you can use the flatpak beta repo. Which means of download did you use for this? Can you post/attach the complete build log?

Top Quote
feh
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-06-10, 11:37

Deep mines (playing Frisian): when staffed with two Master Miners and you kick the bottom one, it's not restaffed when there's no Master Miner available. When kicked, the top Master Miner runs back in, goes to the bottom position and a regular Miner gets called for the top position.

I guess this applies to all Master Workers when there are two positions to fill. It would help the casual gamer when the foreman-position is marked as such, or the workers would/could (automatically?) change positions inhouse or when the position won't matter, as long as one Master Worker is in the building.

Top Quote