WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-24, 22:58

Some bug reports

• Kicked worker runs right back in if no tool is available
  • The fact that you have to select the worker for kicking again instead of the first worker being selected by default is a bug.
  • Often the kicking does not work (for foresters for example in certain work phases)
  • Gathering huts report "No fish, no game" although fish is available
  • Opening statistics windows (upper left corner) hides the time, so you have to move them. This is a bit annoying

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-25, 09:19

WorldSavior wrote:

Some bug reports

• Kicked worker runs right back in if no tool is available

this is definitly a major annoyance. Especially for amazons where this is part of the tribes concept. but as well for Barbarian and frisian miners. Also poor hamlet is badly affected by this behaviour. --> should be fixed for 1.0 as if people really use the new tribe contained in there we might get lots of bug reports.

• The fact that you have to select the worker for kicking again instead of the first worker being selected by default is a bug.

This might be seen as a wishlist, but I believe it has been like this before the change to the new eyetracking friendly UI. So a big +1 from me for having this although not necessarily for 1.0

• Often the kicking does not work (for foresters for example in certain work phases)

Not sure whether this is true for all workers. and if this might be related to no 1. But sometimes it seems to work sometimes not with workers that are leaving the building. I would vote for kick them after work has finished and ensure the click on Kick will be a stable "fire and forget" meaning you don't have to watch if the worker goes to a new location, as he reliably will do so.

• Gathering huts report "No fish, no game" although fish is available

Edit: This should only happen if Productivity is lower than 33% so at least it should have failed some fishing cycles as well. So we might lower the threshold to e.g. 20 to allow for more fails.

• Opening statistics windows (upper left corner) hides the time, so you have to move them. This is a bit annoying

Hm, in my settings the time is displayed in the bottom line since a couple of commits. so this might be dependent on personal settings.

I recently added this Bug seen in a training match with the- x on github. https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/4882

Edited: 2021-05-25, 10:38

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-30, 22:58

In the routing a longer road between 2 flags is preferred over shorter ones.
se the replay of the tornament match of Mars - WorldSavior ( https://www.widelands.org/forum/post/37004/) and watch the roads south of the red HQ

Top Quote
Yo...
Version: 1.0 + 1.2
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-06-04, 22:42

I have also a bug report

It happened with master-8892 (didn't try a newer version) and build21:

1. start an expedition with extra wares (and maybe extra workers)

2. start to build a port with this ship

3. save the game before the port ist finished (you may check the stock before or after the port is finished -- extra wares are there)

4. end the game, start it again from this save game

5. now the extra wares in the port are missing (and also don't reappear mysteriously when the port is finished)

that does NOT happen with extra workers or soldiers -- only with wares

maybe someone forgot to save the extra wares and/or to load them properly from the save file? or loaded the workers twice instead the wares? I tested it only with Atlanteans so far but I don't think it is different with the other tribes

and a second bug (a really minor one)

some images for trees are mixed up: the widelands-birch looks more like a real maple and vice versa

I don't know if the terrain affinities are also mixed up or not

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-04, 22:58

Wow. That's a really bad bug, will fix this quickly for 1.0. Thanks for finding this! face-smile.png

Fix is up https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/4921

Edited: 2021-06-04, 23:24

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-05, 19:31

Wenn ich Amazonen spiele und eine zweite Ausbildungslichtung baue, wird sie nicht besetzt, da zu viele Waren wie Rationen, Gewandt, Schwert gleichzeitig im selben Lager sein müssten (was auch mit Priorisierung im Spiel) nicht zu beheben ist

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-05, 19:46

the-x wrote:

Wenn ich Amazonen spiele und eine zweite Ausbildungslichtung baue, wird sie nicht besetzt, da zu viele Waren wie Rationen, Gewandt, Schwert gleichzeitig im selben Lager sein müssten (was auch mit Priorisierung im Spiel) nicht zu beheben ist

Das ist kein Bug sondern ein feature. Ausserdem ist es bei den Amazonen nur eine Ware (Rationen) mehr, als bei den Friesen. Gewand und Schwert braucht übrigens ein friesischer Trainer, Die Amazonen brauchen Tunika, Ration und Holzspeer.

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-05, 20:11

Aber wenn ich das zweite Ausbildungslager bauen möchte, ist es doch kein Feature, dass ich kein zweites bauen kann? Genau, aber das Problem ist einfach, dass dann eigentlich jegliche Expansion gestoppt ist und gerade auf mittleren oder großen Karten ist das doof, denn wenn das Ausbildungslager zu 100% läuft, helfen auch keine weiteren Schmieden mehr weiter...

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-05, 20:19

Wenn du genug Ressourcen hast, um mehrere Ausbildungslager zu betreiben, sollte ja wohl kein Mangel an diesen drei Waren bestehen (ansonsten ist es einfach ein Problem mit einer ineffizient konstruierten Wirtschaft). Dann ist es schlichtes Mikromanagement: mit ein paar Warenhaus-Vorrangs-Einstellungen ist es sehr einfach, die nötigen Waren in demselben Warenhaus zu versammeln; einfach eines auf Prefer setzen und die Waren aus den übrigen mit Remove auslagern.

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-06-05, 20:23

Nordfriese wrote:

Wenn du genug Ressourcen hast, um mehrere Ausbildungslager zu betreiben, sollte ja wohl kein Mangel an diesen drei Waren bestehen (ansonsten ist es einfach ein Problem mit einer ineffizient konstruierten Wirtschaft). Dann ist es schlichtes Mikromanagement: mit ein paar Warenhaus-Vorrangs-Einstellungen ist es sehr einfach, die nötigen Waren in demselben Warenhaus zu versammeln; einfach eines auf Prefer setzen und die Waren aus den übrigen mit Remove auslagern.

Ja, durch Auslagern habe ich das auch hinbekommen, aber es wäre schön wenn es auch einfach möglich wäre, da dies ganz schönen klicken voraussetzt und wenn a) man gleichzeitig neue Truppen ausbildet und diesen Prozess nicht unterbrechen will oder b) man bei allen Minen die Nahrung stoppen muss, um Nahrung im Lager einzulagern. Das ist bei großen Karten jedesmal eine Mammutsaufgabe

Top Quote