Latest Posts

Topic: Ideas for new tribes

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-28, 11:02

Personally I would like to see the foillowing concept:
an industrial tribe who can increase efficiency on cost of pollution and waste.
Europeans (see the addon) have implemented some parts of the efficiency concept this could / should be added with the waste concept. If a building runs on high efficiency it produces waste as a byproduct which needs to be stored in special waste deponies. these deponies may be able to bury waste into the earth up to a certain limit. but this pollutes the environment making it unfertile for trees.
so you need to manage the waste in terms of road system and space

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-28, 11:14

the-x wrote:

Started working on Sumerians today face-smile.png

https://www.widelands.org/forum/topic/5257/?page=1#post-36931

To the concept, i like concepts like low tree but maybe we need a lot more, especially interesting concepts in gameplay. What drives the economy? Water is a very cheap and easy to produce ressource, but the big problem with water is the following: it heavily blocks roads, not at the beginning, but when the economy grows and expand to all four sides, your roads soon get heavily blocked. The other thing with water is that i just build a well, and finished.

Did you look at the table provided? This tribe needs water for planting crops, making building material and training soldiers. This compensates for less trees to cut and use and is a very new and appealing concept, as it leads to other needs in the economy and different things to manage, which is exactly what you demand an interesting concept in gameplay. Road blocks is not the fault of the ware water but of bad design in the road network. So please do not judge on things you haven't read.

All in all gameplay changes are the most important thing to face for comming tribes, as you want some tribes that really differ, like the Amazons who created sucessfully a concept without needing iron (or coalmines) - at all.

but such concepts need to fit into a character background of a tribe to give them more depth.

Top Quote
OIPUN
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2021-05-28, 13:31

hessenfarmer wrote:

This tribe needs water for planting crops, making building material and training soldiers.

I know it is just a concept, the water needs optimization, consumption may be lowered and the tribe would probably not be ideal for beginners (traffic jams, preferences setting). Strength of soldiers should be fine and balanced as it is. The theme suits perfectly to Sumerians. Their irrigation is well known. I don’t say it has to be realized in this way. But to me, it looks like a very nice concept. That I wanted to share. I know it is not easy to realize.

hessenfarmer wrote:

Europeans (see the addon) have implemented some parts of the efficiency concept this could / should be added with the waste concept. If a building runs on high efficiency it produces waste as a byproduct which needs to be stored in special waste deponies. these deponies may be able to bury waste into the earth up to a certain limit. but this pollutes the environment making it unfertile for trees.

Europeans looks like very futuristic ecology tribe, based on this description. It is like new extraterrestrial tribe.

Top Quote
OIPUN
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2021-05-28, 13:52

I forgot that many people don't use LibreOffice. This should be compatible with Excel.

Attachment:
Sumerians.xlsx.zip (16.4 KB)

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-28, 14:54

OIPUN wrote:

Europeans looks like very futuristic ecology tribe, based on this description. It is like new extraterrestrial tribe.

Europeans are not the tribe I have in mind they just have one of the concepts involved implemented.
For the lack of a better name letzs call them industrialists.

Top Quote
OIPUN
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2021-05-28, 15:55

hessenfarmer wrote:

For the lack of a better name lets call them industrialists.

IMHO, I would call them Pleiadians. The tribe from stars Merope, Sterope and Asterope with a very advanced technology comes to save our polluted environment. I hope they will win.

Top Quote