Latest Posts

Topic: When is it appropriate to get reviewer privilege on transifex?

tothxa
Topic Opener
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2021-05-05, 00:28

It was suggested when I asked for my first change in a reviewed translation that I could ask for reviewer rights, so that I can correct or improve these. At the time I didn't want it.

Since then I brought the hungarian translation from about 50% completion to over 90%, and edited maybe 10% to 20% worth of previous translations. I tried to reach out to others who submitted hungarian translations in the past few months (the latest one being about 2 weeks before I started), but didn't get any reply, and I haven't seen any other submissions since I started. On the other hand I still can't tell if I will be able to keep up after the release. And obviously, I don't think it's appropriate to review my own translations.

I asked Nordfriese for a few unreviews since, but I also accumulated some more minor edits with which I didn't want to bother him. The overall review rate of hungarian translations is rather low.

So what should I do?

• Ask for reviewer rights, but only unblock my changes?
  • Ask for unreviewing all?
  • Keep maintaining my own repo for me and my children, and only ask for unreviewing important ones?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-05, 07:52

FRom what I saw on Transifex stats you should definitly ask for reviewer rights as the current 2 reviewers haven't been active a long time.
just make sure you unreview a string if you change it. Reviewing others translations would be a benefit as well if you manage to finish the translation.
I hope you will manage to find time to maintain the translation as development will go on. Thanks for the great contribution.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-05, 11:46

@tothxa I added you to the hungarian reviewers team.

Top Quote
tothxa
Topic Opener
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2021-05-05, 14:57

Thank you very much!

Top Quote