Latest Posts

Topic: Transifex

Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-05-02, 20:31

Hello,

I finally managed to translate, at least partially, an add-on with Transifex. face-smile.png

A little thing that is a problem for me, we don't have the context of the sentences (or I didn't find it) As the English and French ways of thinking are different, some turns of phrase do not translate in the same way depending on the context of use.
For example : "grinding rye"
can be translated by :
"du seigle en cours de broyage" if the global sentence is : "you see grinding rye"
"en train de broyer du seigle" if the global sentence is : "the miller is grinding rye"
and surely many other way, but I don't speak English good enough. face-wink.png

La connaissance ne vaut que si elle est partagée par le plus grand nombre.
---------------------------------------
Knowledge is only valuable if it is shared by the greatest number.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-02, 20:39

Those process snippets are always part of production program tooltips, so the complete text is e.g. "Did not start grinding rye because rye is missing" which is in the game displayed by the rye mill if you don't have enough rye farms.

More generally, if there are strings where additional context is needed and no TRANSLATORS note clarifies it, please open a Transifex issue on the respective string to inform the add-on maintainers (me) that they need to tell the add-on's designer (in this case, also me face-smile.png ) that there's a problem, and the scripter will (hopefully face-wink.png ) add a TRANSLATORS note with more information to the string.

EDIT: I double-checked and it turns out that some TRANSLATORS comments are actually present, and the script doesn't pick them up. I'll fix that.

Edited: 2021-05-02, 20:43

Top Quote
Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-05-02, 20:50

OK, mister "one-man band". face-wink.png

In this case the translation will be : N'a pas commencé à moudre du seigle parce que le seigle est manquant
Another way to translate . face-smile.png

Edit : I'll do that when I have figured out how to open an issue. face-smile.png face-smile.png face-smile.png

Edited: 2021-05-02, 21:03

La connaissance ne vaut que si elle est partagée par le plus grand nombre.
---------------------------------------
Knowledge is only valuable if it is shared by the greatest number.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-05-02, 21:09

The translators notes are up on Transifex now to help translating.

Edit : I'll do that when I have figured out how to open an issue.

https://docs.transifex.com/translation/tools-in-the-editor/#section-comments-and-issues

Top Quote