Latest Posts

Topic: Wiki Suggestions

Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-29, 13:55

Hello,

When we load a map in Editor or in Game, there is some "tips" which are displayed.Often they are to fast to read them. Maybe could we find these "tips" somewhere in the wiki.

We could also find the constraints related to the creation of the different construction sites, small, medium, large, mine, port, ...
This would be, I think, a great help for players who would like to start creating maps. and who can be put off because they fail to create the necessary spaces by modifying heights and obstacles.
And maybe it would be possible to show some graphical examples. The information given by Nordfriese in this https://www.widelands.org/forum/post/36361/ post are not really easy to transcribe in front of the editor. face-smile.png

La connaissance ne vaut que si elle est partagée par le plus grand nombre.
---------------------------------------
Knowledge is only valuable if it is shared by the greatest number.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-04-29, 14:04

You can find the tips shown during loading in the in-game/in-editor encyclopedia under General → Tips. If we duplicate them in the wiki they'll become outdated there as the wiki is usually updated only sporadically. Such more detailed information on underlying mechanics could be added to appropriate wiki pages though.

Top Quote
Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-29, 15:21

I agree, never duplicate information, this a source of errors. 1st principle of programming. face-smile.png

I do not have the reflex to look in the Encyclopedia of the game, I search in the Encyclopedia, the Wiki and the Forum of the site.
Maybe would it be possible to synchronize the two Encyclopedias. But it could be a long and hard work.

It was just an idea, maybe bad, I am not an everyday genius. face-smile.png face-smile.png face-smile.png face-smile.png

La connaissance ne vaut que si elle est partagée par le plus grand nombre.
---------------------------------------
Knowledge is only valuable if it is shared by the greatest number.

Top Quote