Latest Posts

Topic: Mines

Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-25, 08:28

Hello,

I don't know about the other tribes, but the barbarians dig their mines using 3 levels: Normal, Deep and Deeper. Each step gives 1/3 of the total capacity of the mine.
Is it possible to know how much ore has been mined, when a level is exhausted, which would allow we to imagine how much there is still in the mine and to choose between two mines which is the most interesting to improve?

You could call it 'Forward Planning'. face-wink.png

La connaissance ne vaut que si elle est partagée par le plus grand nombre.
---------------------------------------
Knowledge is only valuable if it is shared by the greatest number.

Top Quote
impactus
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-04-25, 10:41

I would like to know if a faction with only two mining levels will mine the full deposit in 2 even steps instead of 3, or if they will just miss out on the deepest third. Or is the first third included "for free" (since I think they start with snacks instead of rations)? Would be kind of important to know if this is a handicap or some sort of advantage.

Top Quote
Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-25, 10:47

For Barbarians, the one I'm studying actually, each level gives you 1/3 of the total capacity of the mine, no more, no less.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-04-25, 10:57

impactus wrote:

I would like to know if a faction with only two mining levels will mine the full deposit in 2 even steps instead of 3, or if they will just miss out on the deepest third. Or is the first third included "for free" (since I think they start with snacks instead of rations)? Would be kind of important to know if this is a handicap or some sort of advantage.

Empire and Frisians mine 50% with their shallow mines and the other 50 with their deep mines

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-04-25, 11:57

You can also find this information in the in-game Encyclopedia → Buildings → (the various mines) → Note/Hint (whatever it's called). It tells you how much of the initial resource the mine can obtain and how high its chance of finding more resources is when depleted.

Top Quote
Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-27, 00:24

Hello,

When the Barbarians have just finished to dig a mine, it is possible to transform it in Deep Mine, and, maybe, Deeper Mine, I haven't tried.
If they do so, do they extract all the three levels in the same time or only the level where they have dug?

Put another way, if they dig all three levels without extracting an ounce of mineral before reaching the 3rd level, do they recover 100% of the total amount of the mine or only the 33% from the 3rd level?

If they get 100% back, what should they eat?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-04-27, 10:27

Atanase wrote:

Hello,

When the Barbarians have just finished to dig a mine, it is possible to transform it in Deep Mine, and, maybe, Deeper Mine, I haven't tried.
If they do so, do they extract all the three levels in the same time or only the level where they have dug?

Put another way, if they dig all three levels without extracting an ounce of mineral before reaching the 3rd level, do they recover 100% of the total amount of the mine or only the 33% from the 3rd level?

If they get 100% back, what should they eat?

The percentage is an value that is meant as "up to x%", meaning one can enhance the mine immediately without loosing a single ore (provided you have enough experienced workers). Deeper mines also work faster (they have more people working), however their food is expensive as they consume bread and beer for example, while a shallow (or level 1) mine can run basically with a single fish per cycle. So it is a players decision whether to first run a shallow mine until depleted because it is cheap, or to have them work faster on enhanced costs.

Top Quote
Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-27, 12:45

Thank you,

You are right when you say : it is a players decision
And as I prefer to decide in full knowledge of the facts than on vague doubts, your answer is exactly what I expected, simple and precise.

Thank you again. face-smile.png

Top Quote