Latest Posts

Topic: Atlantean Campaign Graphics

chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-11-14, 06:11

Here is my first shot at the Atlantean shipyard.

shipyard

I want to move some things around for better visibility, but the general idea is here. I may add a canopy or a more solid but open structure over the work area and move the hut to the far edge of the platform (again for visibility).

I'm struggling for ideas to show the building in "working" mode v.s. idle v.s. "worker away".

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd like to hear them. face-smile.png

Cheers

I see little people.

Top Quote
Tino

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-11-14, 13:19

Looks really nice. Some ideas for the worker animation: - idle: lying on the planks, snooring (animated zZzZ perhaps face-wink.png ) - working: walking around, using a hammer and/or a saw at different points - away: a "closed" sign on the free space

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-11-14, 17:51

Tino wrote: Looks really nice. Some ideas for the worker animation: - idle: lying on the planks, snooring (animated zZzZ perhaps ) - working: walking around, using a hammer and/or a saw at different points - away: a "closed" sign on the free space

Thanks for your ideas, Tino.

I've reworked the building into something more substantial and less like a "quick outpost to build ships in a hurry". shipyard1 Here is a shot of the new one: shipyard3

Of course in the game it will look more like this: shipyard3_s face-smile.png

For "working" animation for the shipyard, I'm considering showing the wares and produced objects moving into view from inside the building. I have not yet decided to show the worker in the scene, though. A lot gets lost at such a small scale, but we'll see. face-wink.png

I see little people.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-11-14, 18:14

Wow, nice :)!

I generally agree with the animation ideas, just the "idle" should not include the worker, as the idle animation is as well shown, if the building waits for a worker... I think the problem is obvious, than face-wink.png

Anyway the new shipyard looks great! Are there any playercolors on it? face-smile.png

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-11-14, 18:20

Nasenbaer wrote: Wow, nice ! I generally agree with the animation ideas, just the "idle" should not include the worker, as the idle animation is as well shown, if the building waits for a worker... I think the problem is obvious, than

Yes, we don't need another landlord waiting for his tenant (who happens to look a lot like the landlord.) face-wink.png

Anyway the new shipyard looks great! Are there any playercolors on it?

For now one of the bolts of cloth is in playercolor. I may be able to incorporate some more permanent part of the building like an awning or something.

I see little people.

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-11-14, 19:10

How is this for an awning with a little more playercolor? I'm imagining the shipwrigth's living quarters are above the work area. As an Atlantean, I think he may want to get as far off the ground as possible in case he experiences another flood. face-wink.png

shipyard3 and game size (approx.) shipyard3_s

(Update): I'll get the build animation, new menu image, and a static idle image pushed as soon as I can. (I have to create them first, though. face-wink.png

Edited: 2010-11-14, 19:16

I see little people.

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-11-15, 00:50

The new shipyard is in as of trunk rev #5717.

I see little people.

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-11-17, 19:13

It is all well and good to have a shipyard, but what about the ships?!!

If you haven't seen/played the Atlantean Campaign in the development trunk yet, here is a sneek peek at the Atlantean vessel.

ship

So avast, ye lubbers!!! Get ready to go to sea!

Edited: 2010-11-17, 19:14

I see little people.

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-11-18, 15:54

And here is the latest look of the 2D graphics in the campaign. Colors have been adjusted. Most notably perhaps, the skin tone has been modified to more closely match that of the workers in the game (and remove the hint of sea-sickness). face-smile.png

Jundlina jund Loftomor loft Sidolus sido Colionder coli Opol opol Ostur ostu

Plus, the loading graphic has been modified for continuity: loadpic

So it's "Goodbye, little green men." face-wink.png

I see little people.

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-11-18, 19:27

I was thinking that for a princess AND a high priestess, Jundlina looked a little too plain.

So I gave her some gold embroidery on her robe. face-smile.png jund_bling (Now that I look at her again, I think that necklace could use some adjusting. It's getting confused with the embroidery.)

At the same time, I thought Sidolus' armor needed "a little refinement". face-wink.png sido_redo

What do you think? Should I leave well enough alone for now?
Does anyone/anything else need more TLC ("Tender Loving Care")? face-smile.png

I see little people.

Top Quote