Latest Posts

Topic: Tooltips

OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2021-03-31, 10:01

This is what I found out while playing. I don’s say that it all has to be corrected but it doesn’t look like there was an intention to make it work this way. I use development version from yesterday and Windows. I didn’t use freezing of tool tips. I hope I use the name tool tip correctly. I’m not used to use it.

1. tool tips don’t react on movement of the view by help of arrows

Exp: tool tips should disappear when the view is moving

1. tool tips are somehow saved and appear unexpectedly again

while opening General statistics and changing folders by clicking on the buttons, last displayed tool tip window appears unexpectedly

Exp: last displayed tool tip should not appear when someone is already pointing on something completely different

1. tool tips don’t disappear – Stock statistics

I selected second folder of Stock statistics moved with cursor to third folder to get the tool tip and moved down with the cursor. On the print screen I am pointing on Innkeeper and I see “Ware in warehouse” description

Exp: tool tip should disappear

1. tool tips and internalization

While uploading a game that was played in another language some tool tips stay in original language for a very long time (especially training sites that don’t train or stopped buildings).

Exp: this is definitely not such a big problem but it would be better to have all tool tips and also news messages in one selected language

1. Amazons Fortified Village

while starting my map African Savana v.2 with 3 Amazons fortified villages, I get a strange message

Edited: 2021-03-31, 10:13

Attachment:
printscreens.zip (1.9 MB)

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-03-31, 10:29

The tooltips of buildings not going away has the same cause as https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/4673 . The tooltips not responding to the arrow keys is also related.

The mixed locales after saveloading will resolve themselves after a short while. A solution was discussed some time ago and discarded as impractical – it would be too much effort for little gain and won't be fixed. Only tooltips that stay in the wrong language permanently must and will be fixed.

The coroutine error is a Lua code bug that needs fixing, please provide more information.

Edited: 2021-03-31, 11:21

Top Quote
OIPUN
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2021-03-31, 10:37

I don’t have much more information. I simply started a new game with 3 Amazons fortified villages on a map for 3 players.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-03-31, 11:00

fix is up https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/4793

Top Quote