Latest Posts

Topic: Question about Mines Config File

andreiosu121
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-01-01, 05:52

I opened up the config files to the game in order to view the stats about the mines. The function of code that runs the Deeper Coal Mine for the Barbarians looks like this:

mine_produce = { descname = _"mining coal", actions = { "animate=working 7000", "mine=coal 2 100 10 2", "produce=coal",

I know the second number (100) represents percentage of resource the mine can mine, and the second to last number (10) represents the percentage of finding ore when the mine is depleted. What does the other numbers, first and last mean?

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-01-01, 11:45
 mine=<resource_name> radius:<number> resources:<percent> when_empty:<percent>
[experience_on_fail:<percent>]
    Parameters
            resource_name (string) – The name of the resource to mine, e.g. ‘coal’ or ‘water’.
            radius (int) – The workarea radius that is searched for resources. Must be >0.
            yield (percent) – The Percent of resources that the mine can dig up before its resource is depleted.
            when_empty (percent) – The Percent chance that the mine will still find some resources after it has been depleted.
            experience_on_fail (percent) – The Percent chance that the mine’s workers will still gain some experience when mining fails after its resources have been depleted.

This is documented here: https://www.widelands.org/documentation/autogen_tribes_productionsite_programs/#mine

Top Quote
andreiosu121
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2021-01-01, 22:58

Thanks for the help

Top Quote