Latest Posts

Topic: Setting of the alternate AI hints in start conditions.

MarkMcWire
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-12-15, 06:53

Wouldn't it make more sense to specify some AI hints such as the basic amount in the start conditions?

I have noticed that at least my AI is starting to build buildings, even though they are already there and the basic_amount is set to 1. As a result, it wastes building materials.

In "Village" or "Fortified Village", we could set the basic amount of the buildings already created to 0.

In addition, the AI completely ignore the "prohibited_till" value of the Europeans buildings. After a few minutes he starts building upgrades, even though a high time value is set there.

Edited: 2020-12-15, 06:54

My widelands project: https://github.com/widelands/wl_addons_server/tree/master/addons/europeans_tribe.wad

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-12-15, 09:51

MarkMcWire wrote:

Wouldn't it make more sense to specify some AI hints such as the basic amount in the start conditions?
I think this won't change the basic_amount, cause this is to ensure the Ai does not go into a deadlock. Therefore only buildings necessary to establish an economy which can't deadlock anymore should be specified. And this is independent from the SC.

I have noticed that at least my AI is starting to build buildings, even though they are already there and the basic_amount is set to 1. As a result, it wastes building materials.

Which buildings? If it were woodcutters currently there is a "hardcoded" feature of a woodcutter basic_amount. If this affects other buildings it might be a bug so I'll need a savegame and replay at best together with the git number of your branch that was used for it

In "Village" or "Fortified Village", we could set the basic amount of the buildings already created to 0.

the Ai counts all buildings necessary for basic economy until the amount is reached. In this period the basic buildings are preferred, but not exclusively build. After basic economy is established the basic_amount value has no further function and is not taken into account anymore.

In addition, the AI completely ignore the "prohibited_till" value of the Europeans buildings. After a few minutes he starts building upgrades, even though a high time value is set there.

Sounds like a bug to me will investigate

Top Quote
MarkMcWire
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-12-15, 10:06

You can use the last version from my signature repo and the savegame in the attachments.

Edited: 2020-12-15, 10:26

Attachment:
1.wgf (462.8 KB)

My widelands project: https://github.com/widelands/wl_addons_server/tree/master/addons/europeans_tribe.wad

Top Quote
MarkMcWire
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-12-15, 10:46

Deleting the basic_amount at Lumberjacks Hut solved at least one problem. The construction feels a little more organized now.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-12-15, 10:59

ok I'll have a look but it might take some days

Top Quote