Latest Posts

Topic: Leagues of Widelands?

Mars

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-12-11, 22:15

WorldSavior wrote:

@mars: As you are away since many weeks now, I'd consider you now retired from the league - according to the rules - if there is no good reason to not to do so.

I am sorry. Please continue the tournament without me.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-12-12, 15:47

Mars wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

@mars: As you are away since many weeks now, I'd consider you now retired from the league - according to the rules - if there is no good reason to not to do so.

I am sorry. Please continue the tournament without me.

No need to be sorry at all. I could still change my decision. But if you don't want to participate anymore, the decision will not be changed.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-01-12, 00:55

So, one more month has passed. My approach would be that the two last matches - which have not been played again - count as victories for niektory, as he communicated with me (mentioning some motivation to play) while his opponent didn't do so. In that case the final ranking looks like this:

number player score matches win rate
1 WorldSavior 12 6 100%
2 niektory 8 6 67%
3 Mars 4 6 33%
4 _Elefantenrennen 0 6 0%

Sadly, the League of Widelands was not a success. I'm not motivated to organize another season.

Replays:

https://www.widelands.org/forum/topic/4955/

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-01-12, 19:58

Although I did not participate due to problems with finding time to play. I found the underlying idea appealing. So many thanks for the attempt to organise such new tournament style. Maybe the point in time (shoirtly after a multiplayer tournament) wasn't optimal. Perhaps some other incidents did not help either. Anyhow many thanks to WorldSavior for the attempt to organise some fun and competition for the multiplayer fans of widelands. Thanks to the particiapants as well. I hope you had some fun in this difficult times.

I still hope after some time WorldSavior might find some motivation again to organise something similar. From my own experience I can say that motivation to contribute and participate changes from time to time, but so far I found it back each time.

Stay well and keep playing widelands

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-01-18, 16:46

hessenfarmer wrote:

Although I did not participate due to problems with finding time to play. I found the underlying idea appealing.

Thanks!

So many thanks for the attempt to organise such new tournament style. Maybe the point in time (shoirtly after a multiplayer tournament) wasn't optimal. Perhaps some other incidents did not help either. Anyhow many thanks to WorldSavior for the attempt to organise some fun and competition for the multiplayer fans of widelands. Thanks to the particiapants as well. I hope you had some fun in this difficult times.

You're welcome : )

I still hope after some time WorldSavior might find some motivation again to organise something similar. From my own experience I can say that motivation to contribute and participate changes from time to time, but so far I found it back each time.

Let's see...

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-01-18, 20:37

Yes, was a great Tournament and a lot of work for the host to organize it. Maybe we can look next time that we get more players. Good Tournaments there should be at least at about 8 Participants

Top Quote