Latest Posts

Topic: Can't conquer Castle in late game

the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-28, 12:08

In this game i had an interesting situation. The Castle of Atlanteans was not conquerable. The soldiers get in and out, getting, healed, getting back.

Especially in late games it seems almost impossible to conquer if you start to set your castle with heroes. See Castle-not-conquerable

Solutions might be the one proposed in https://www.widelands.org/forum/topic/5017/?page=1#post-35370 or to set the average healing rate from 100 to about 25-50 (per second). Indeed for Atlantean Castle there is a value of 220 hitpoints for second which is by 12 soldiers not really balanced yet - to other tribes - and making the games at the end while placing heroes in the castle even more defensive while vice versa in the beginning. Opinions about this?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-28, 12:17

Easy solution: build more castles with more fully advanced soldiers your own and it will be conquerable. It is the nature of the game (and should be imho) that in these situations the economic capabiltiy to generate more fully advanced soldiers per time should decide about the progress in the game.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-28, 12:52

Often this results in situations where no one can win. I am planning more castles, my enemy is planning more castles, the game gets even more defensed and the longer the game goes no one can win. The only chance would be if I get a high production boost whilst my enemy dont get it but since Trainingssites Times and Weapon Smithy Times are linear its for two good players almost imossibly?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-28, 13:17

the-x wrote:

Often this results in situations where no one can win. I am planning more castles, my enemy is planning more castles, the game gets even more defensed and the longer the game goes no one can win. The only chance would be if I get a high production boost whilst my enemy dont get it but since Trainingssites Times and Weapon Smithy Times are linear its for two good players almost imossibly?

it isn't as you always can try to outproduce your opponent, which has been the reason for winning in almost all tight matches of good players I have seen so far. E.g. getting a second trainingsite working at higher efficiency as your opponent gives you the boost needed.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-28, 13:32

hessenfarmer wrote:

getting a second trainingsite working at higher efficiency as your opponent gives you the boost needed.

By that time, both of you have probably about two castles. It takes a lot of time to start the 2nd Traininingssite and the soldiers püassing out even later, so your opponent might have 4 castles already. To this point no one can conquer the other, i dont expect the other one to stay for hours with one Trainingsite. Combined with healing it really leads to cases where no one can win

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-28, 13:34

Evidence in Games was often that someone attacked, who shouldnt have attacked from logical reasons and therefore the other had an advantage which he used later to win the game

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-28, 13:38

the-x wrote:

Evidence in Games was often that someone attacked, who shouldnt have attacked from logical reasons and therefore the other had an advantage which he used later to win the game

If this happens the attacker's logic seemed to work better then the one the defender used.

Top Quote