Latest Posts

Topic: Which tribe is worst

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-10-21, 03:21

When plopped in a desert? I have a feeling it is the Atlanteans. I am playing Europa as Romans. France/Spain are Atlanteans. UK/Swed are Frisians natch. Russia/Pole Barbs and the Byzantines are Empire of course. I changed the defaults to this since it is more logical/historical. But the Spanish Atlanteans seems to be stuck expansionwise according to the graphs.

So how do the tribes rank with respect to their need for wood? Is one of them a "Wood Gnome"?

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-10-21, 09:05

The AI fails placing their foresters in the right place regardless of tribe. I'd guess Frisians to be the least likely to get stuck there because their buildings cost relatively little wood.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-21, 10:05

niektory wrote:

The AI fails placing their foresters in the right place regardless of tribe. I'd guess Frisians to be the least likely to get stuck there because their buildings cost relatively little wood.

I agree the placement isn't optimal however it is not really failing as the forester is placed in the workarea of a woodcutter, so over time there is a chance of getting wood and they shouldn't get stuck but only dead slow in expansion. It might need a replay to decide why atlanteans can't play spain but I think I remeber there is no reachable precious stones there as well.

Next thing is atlanteans need water to have enough food withgout water they don't have fish. So maybe yes a reals desert without any open water does not fit atalnteans well.
But you can't decide the tribes abilities solely from the AI as it is not only the tribe but the AI ability as well that takes a part in this.

Edited: 2020-10-21, 10:09

Top Quote