Latest Posts

Topic: Fruit!

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-10-20, 00:49

Wow, I just learned (from the immovables help) that various fruit grow mostly on terrain that's mostly unusable for trees! Even on water! I've been giving the berry farms much too good land until now.

Pity that the immovables doesn't include the tree grow rate help that I found in the editor...

Shame too that grain crops will grow equally anywhere (but not on shores I've noticed). I guess that applies to reed and other such crops too.

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-10-20, 02:52

I remember I was building everything in all the wrong places at first. I assumed crops would be more picky than trees, but it turned out to be the other way around. And when I learned about the trees I assumed bushes would be just like them, but it turned out to not really be true either...

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-20, 08:43

mxb2001 wrote:

Pity that the immovables doesn't include the tree grow rate help that I found in the editor...

True, that would be a good feature. Plus, you would not see the percentages per ground, but per tree, which would also be interessting.

Shame too that grain crops will grow equally anywhere (but not on shores I've noticed). I guess that applies to reed and other such crops too.

No. The game is already difficult enough, so making farming harder will not make it better.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-20, 10:38

Adding some tree/berry bush info to the field actions window should not be too much work. I'll get around to it eventually if somebody else doesn't pick it up first.

We need to finish the current tribes/world refactoring first though - that pull request has a desyncing replay attached to it that still needs analyzing.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-10-21, 02:20

I agree with niektory, farming should be hard while trees should grow anywhere equally like crops do now. I dunno if that would wreck the "balance" but it sure would make more sense and be realistic. As it is you gotta farm trees while delicate crops grow like weeds/trees do. <rolls eyes>

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote