Latest Posts

Topic: Future of Widelands

the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-19, 17:37

We've played this game for some time, added a lot of things, many many Ideas, but as we see Widelands isnt really played often.

• Do we want to make Widelands more open, like is it recommended if we continue to invite a lot of new players or try to reach players by youtube - or do we want to put more Focus on our community that it stays the way it is?

• The other question is if we like to make the game more fit for Multiplayer, which means, reducing time of the Games (instead of 6 hours 2 hours), getting an interesting start, first upgrades earlier to achieve and trying to make an overall balance which makes the game fair (Atlantean mine produces 7 per 1 turn, Barbarian only 1 and a lot of other balance differences listed in here: https://www.widelands.org/forum/topic/4982/?page=1#post-35121. I dont care who implements, but fact is we need some out of them.

If there is someone liking to play a competitive multiplayer, ranked or even interested in playtesting write me a message

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-19, 23:02

the-x wrote:

We've played this game for some time, added a lot of things, many many Ideas, but as we see Widelands isnt really played often.

• Do we want to make Widelands more open, like is it recommended if we continue to invite a lot of new players or try to reach players by youtube

BTW: You have announced to produce a video of the features of build 21, see this post and your answer right below. Nothing happend... So i am not sure if you are interested in inviting new players.

The other statement feels like advertising your suggestion again and again. Since your suggestion weren't answered, maybe this is not interesting? Always posting the same thing is not helping face-sad.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-19, 23:12

Ok, out of your words i guess you mean

• you favor that new players are welcomed : -) so then ill continue to do so, some videos have more than 200 views especially the 1v1 widelands cast on "youtube" - (if there are contrary opinions of course I will delete the widelands videos)

• the 2nd question is also very important and i dont think it should be handled as a joke

A Video is hard to do, when you have no microphone. Indeed i always have to borrow from friend from time to time.

Edited: 2020-10-19, 23:27

Top Quote