Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: new tribe: amazons

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-11, 23:42

thanks for doing all the graphics however I believe your list is not complete. The following wares still have placeholders as well:

chisel, machete, all boots and all coats/protectors.

loooking forard to have complete graphics as it would allow us to merge the whole thing which reduces keeping it on track with master

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-12, 09:57

You're right, I had overlooked those. The boot images look good to me though, should I really make new ones for those as well?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-12, 10:25

Nordfriese wrote:

You're right, I had overlooked those. The boot images look good to me though, should I really make new ones for those as well?

your decision. I had created them quick and dirty with gimp and they are not that nice in my eyes. But at least they are unique. So if you can do better then me feel free to do so.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-26, 21:58

I really would vote for getting this meged. even if not all graphics fin ished yet as it is a lot of work to keep this in sync with trunk. as it is marked as development we have a good reason for any bug still included but as the basics work and most graphics are there we should have it.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-26, 22:51

hessenfarmer wrote:

I really would vote for getting this meged. even if not all graphics fin ished yet as it is a lot of work to keep this in sync with trunk. as it is marked as development we have a good reason for any bug still included but as the basics work and most graphics are there we should have it.

+1
I'm still struggling with the last handful of graphics but the tribe is ready to be merged

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-27, 07:11

+1 from me too - please make a pull request so we can do a review face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-28, 18:12

As the Pull Request is open for review now (https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/4424) we found some inconsistencies in the texts and the units namings:
- Stonecarvery needs to be renamed as "Carvery" is a type of buffet in english --> suggestion is Stone Workshop
- We have the 2 wares Ironwood for the Amazons and Blackwood of the Barbarians --> suggestion is to combine them to ironwood for both although the process to manufacture is different.
- Amazons have the ware charcoal while all other tribes do not differentiate between coal and charcoal --> suggestion is to unify this to coal for amazons as well. (to possibly be able to trade this ware once this is implemented)
- Rare Trees Woodcutter's Hut is too complex needs to be shorten --> no suggestions yet what about Rare Tree Cutter's Hut, Rare Woodcutter's Hut or Master Woodcutter's Hut. Maybe Ironwood Cutter's Hut would fit as well.

Any Opinions?

my personal vote is +1,+1,+1, Rare Tree Cutter's Hut

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-28, 20:48

hessenfarmer wrote:

As the Pull Request is open for review now (https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/4424) we found some inconsistencies in the texts and the units namings:
- Stonecarvery needs to be renamed as "Carvery" is a type of buffet in english --> suggestion is Stone Workshop
- We have the 2 wares Ironwood for the Amazons and Blackwood of the Barbarians --> suggestion is to combine them to ironwood for both although the process to manufacture is different.
- Amazons have the ware charcoal while all other tribes do not differentiate between coal and charcoal --> suggestion is to unify this to coal for amazons as well. (to possibly be able to trade this ware once this is implemented)
- Rare Trees Woodcutter's Hut is too complex needs to be shorten --> no suggestions yet what about Rare Tree Cutter's Hut, Rare Woodcutter's Hut or Master Woodcutter's Hut. Maybe Ironwood Cutter's Hut would fit as well.

Any Opinions?

+1 for Stone Workshop, Coal, Rare Tree Cutter’s Hut. +½ about barbarian ironwood; the change may make people wonder why each tribe can't copy the other's way of getting ironwood but this could just be mentioned as a side remark in a campaign so not a problem.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-30, 11:04

Just a short Bump up.
Any other opinions on that? What about @King_of_Nowhere

Top Quote
JanO
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2020-10-30, 15:51

I like the proposed changes. For the hardened wood and Ironwood I guess this is not a problem. It may not be the same logically, but it can be used for the same purposes - and that is what matters in this situation.

Top Quote