Latest Posts

Topic: Oddities I've noticed so far

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-10-03, 01:20

I've just started playing build 21 and noticed an odd message for the Frisian Smokery where it says it skipped smoking meat because it had stored fish and fish were needed. I'm not sure I understand this. I thought that if a product is skipped due to any reason the building has to wait a full cycle before going on to the next. How would this be helpful then?

Also in the Frisian Campaign I can't build recycling centres (Oh that is SO Civ! :) for some reason. Are they locked out in just the campaign or is this something new in build 21 or with Frisians that I don't know about yet?

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
_Elefantenrennen
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-10-03, 07:38

mxb2001 wrote:

I've just started playing build 21 and noticed an odd message for the Frisian Smokery where it says it skipped smoking meat because it had stored fish and fish were needed. I'm not sure I understand this. I thought that if a product is skipped due to any reason the building has to wait a full cycle before going on to the next. How would this be helpful then?

Do you have 2 fish in your smokery? I don't know why it says skipped smoking meat.

Also in the Frisian Campaign I can't build recycling centres (Oh that is SO Civ! face-smile.png for some reason. Are they locked out in just the campaign or is this something new in build 21 or with Frisians that I don't know about yet?

The campaign is easy enough without recycling centers.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-03, 08:22

It skips meat as it prefers fish cause the frisians can grow fish but not meat.
Skipping one work program does not cause a penalty anymore.
The Recycling Center is introduced in the second scenario of the Frisian campaign (as is the Aqua farm)

Top Quote
_Elefantenrennen
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-10-03, 10:05

hessenfarmer wrote:

It skips meat as it prefers fish cause the frisians can grow fish but not meat.

A reindeer farm can produce meat on maps without animals, so Frisians can get infinite meat and fish.

Edited: 2020-10-03, 10:06

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-03, 12:42

But meat of reindeer farms is very ineffective and only meant as byproduct. So they are preferring fish. Maybe this is as well the case because they are inhabited originally at the shores

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-10-04, 00:52

> *hessenfarmer wrote:*
>
> It skips meat as it prefers fish cause the frisians can grow fish but not meat.
> Skipping one work program does not cause a penalty anymore.
> The Recycling Center is introduced in the second scenario of the Frisian campaign (as is the Aqua farm)

Ah thanks that explains it all.

And it means I gotta play it again... I quit after I beat the enemy in the first but could not handle the flood! I told myself I win, who cares... but if there is a second follow on I guess I can only play that by winning officially. Well it'll be easy second time since I know what's coming. Haha. (Yes I did see the note about reloading but that's against my code of ethics, I must start all over if I lose)

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote