Latest Posts

Topic: new tribe: amazons

GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-23, 08:33

hessenfarmer wrote:

Anyhow as far as I could find out yet the "Amazons" described by Orellana and his successors were said to wear finest clothes from wool of the llamas. and we are basing the tribe on the amazons from the Amazonas region and not the greek mythological stuff and by sure not on tv models like Xenia or some marvel comic character.

How about calling the tribe "Amazonas"? That would clear up the misconceptions.

Edited: 2020-08-23, 08:33

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-23, 11:58

GunChleoc wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Anyhow as far as I could find out yet the "Amazons" described by Orellana and his successors were said to wear finest clothes from wool of the llamas. and we are basing the tribe on the amazons from the Amazonas region and not the greek mythological stuff and by sure not on tv models like Xenia or some marvel comic character.

How about calling the tribe "Amazonas"? That would clear up the misconceptions.

well nearly everybody so far understood and knew the concept of being the djungle tribe and not anything else.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-23, 13:55

I'm fine with the name staying as it is, it was just an idea face-wink.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-23, 22:07

Some more fatal errors in 1.0~git25110[5c9982b@amazons]

Fatal exception: player info: Error while loading tribe 'amazons': [../src/scripting/lua_errors.cc:22] tribe amazons: Failed adding immovable 'amazons_shipconstruction': Error while loading immovable type 'amazons_shipconstruction': [../src/scripting/lua_errors.cc:22] Error while loading ware type 'balsa': [../src/scripting/lua_errors.cc:22] [string "tribes/wares/balsa/init.lua"]:4: attempt to call a nil value (global 'add_animation')
stack traceback:
    [string "tribes/immovables/shipconstruction_amazons/in..."]:3: in main 
Fatal exception: player info: Error while loading tribe 'atlanteans': [../src/scripting/lua_errors.cc:22] tribe atlanteans: Failed adding worker 'atlanteans_woodcutter: Error while loading worker type 'atlanteans_woodcutter': [../src/scripting/lua_errors.cc:22] atlanteans_woodcutter: Error in worker program harvest: Error reading line 'findobject=attrib:tree radius:10': [../src/scripting/lua_errors.cc:22] Error loading animation 'idle' for map object 'balsa_black_amazons_sapling': Animation in directory 'tribes/immovables/

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-23, 22:38

will look after that

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-24, 08:50

due to the refactoring underway to make the tribes pluggable amazons are currently broken.
Fixing might take a while though

Edited: 2020-08-24, 08:51

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-25, 22:59

ok amazons branch is working again. Although I don't understand yet why the change that fixed it finally was or is necessary It should be sufficient to register the immovables with the needed attribute ("tree" in this case) only.

Edit: Undid some unnecessary registration. So the only thing I don't understand is why the registration for the amazon trees was needed for the other tribes to work and why I can safely delete the registration of e.g wheatfield for frisians. Furthermore I don't get why I had to register the deadtree7 with all tribes

Edited: 2020-08-26, 08:18

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-27, 13:03

Thanks, but now I get the error

Fehler mit de Speel-Daten
sall de Mineraal fish tüchten, wat 't in deese Welt nich gifft; dat Volk verdraggt sük nich mit de Welt

("resource fish is missing in the world")
(edit: this happens when building a wilderness keepers tent, or when loading a savegame that contains a tent)

Also, a few warnings in the log output:

┏━ Loading amazons:
┃    Ships: 74ms
┃    Immovables: ERROR: Unused key "default_target_quantity" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.
ERROR: Unused key "preciousness" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.
ERROR: Unused key "default_target_quantity" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.
ERROR: Unused key "default_target_quantity" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.
227ms
┃    Wares: ERROR: Unused key "default_target_quantity" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.
86ms
┃    Workers: ERROR: Unused key "aihints" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.
ERROR: Unused key "aihints" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.
2972ms
┃    Buildings: 732ms
┃    Frontiers, flags and roads: 26ms
┃    Finalizing: 4ms
┗━ took: 4121ms

Edit: Undid some unnecessary registration. So the only thing I don't understand is why the registration for the amazon trees was needed for the other tribes to work and why I can safely delete the registration of e.g wheatfield for frisians. Furthermore I don't get why I had to register the deadtree7 with all tribes

I would guess that the frisians don't use the wheatfield so they don't need it to be registered correctly, but the other tribes' woodcutters can use the amazon trees so those have to registered for them all. And those trees depend on deadtree7 because that's what they turn into eventually. I'm not really familiar with the new tribe/world loading code yet though face-wink.png

Edited: 2020-08-27, 13:05

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-27, 20:57

Nordfriese wrote:

I would guess that the frisians don't use the wheatfield so they don't need it to be registered correctly, but the other tribes' woodcutters can use the amazon trees so those have to registered for them all. And those trees depend on deadtree7 because that's what they turn into eventually. I'm not really familiar with the new tribe/world loading code yet though face-wink.png

Well the frisians do use a wheatfield medium (which is the only one registered with them) to collect honey. However they do not change the immovable like a woodcutter does. So maybe this is the difference. But to be honest I didn't understand fully what is really in the code there. I am just trying to copy the changes our chieftain made with the other 4 tribes.
I will look into the wilderness keeper though. Most probably it is only I forgot to rename the resource there.

Edit: all warnings errors fixed

Edited: 2020-08-27, 21:20

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-27, 22:41

Works again, great, thanks face-smile.png

Top Quote