Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-08-19, 07:00

king_of_nowhere wrote:

hasifarmer-king of mars

fours castles, won by king of mars

In the end I wasn't able to watch it live. I see it was very interesting. It seems better hero training micromanagement of king of mars decided it.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-23, 22:23

@king_of_nowhere, mars, the-x:

When would you like to play, maybe sunday?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-24, 19:10

king_of_nowhere wrote:

all in all, team niEKTORy scored 22-9 on fair duels

If one says that these duels are 50-50-duels, the chance for this is like 1%. This means a lot of bad luck for you, and it looks again like the random generator is not working properly.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-24, 19:41

WorldSavior wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

If one says that these duels are 50-50-duels, the chance for this is like 1%. This means a lot of bad luck for you, and it looks again like the random generator is not working properly.

the generator is doing its job. As a fight in widelands is more complex than throwing a dice once it matters a lot when you have your hits. E.g you win 6 to one hits and your opponents wins 6 to 5 the result is the same but still you had more luck. the effect can accumulate obviously. And in fact throwing a dice is not even close to what the randomness does in our algorithm.
But as I watched the replay I believe that niEKTORy had a better coordination of movements as well leading to a better momentum. But that is only an impression from the outside

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-08-24, 20:26

WorldSavior wrote:

random number generator comic

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-24, 20:57

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

the generator is doing its job.

Then something else is wrong with this match or it's just a sensational result.

As a fight in widelands is more complex than throwing a dice once it matters a lot when you have your hits. E.g you win 6 to one hits and your opponents wins 6 to 5 the result is the same but still you had more luck. the effect can accumulate obviously. And in fact throwing a dice is not even close to what the randomness does in our algorithm.
But as I watched the replay I believe that niEKTORy had a better coordination of movements as well leading to a better momentum. But that is only an impression from the outside

This influences the fair fights only slightly. Even if one says that all of niEKTORy's soldiers hit first (and that all soldiers of the fair fights were atlanteans), the chance is still less than 6% - because winchances of the duel are then 53%: Calculation

niektory wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Lol!

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-24, 21:11

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

the generator is doing its job.

As a fight in widelands is more complex than throwing a dice once it matters a lot when you have your hits. E.g you win 6 to one hits and your opponents wins 6 to 5 the result is the same but still you had more luck. the effect can accumulate obviously. And in fact throwing a dice is not even close to what the randomness does in our algorithm.

This influences the fair fights only slightly. Even if one says that all of niEKTORy's soldiers hit first (and that all soldiers of the fair fights were atlanteans), the chance is still less than 6% - because winchances of the duel are then 53%: Calculation

the problem is that this is only true for an indefinite number of fights. In my excel sheet I can adjust number of rounds to fight with 1000 fights per combination I have variations up to 2% in chances per calculation wioth 10000 fights each it is still about 1 % from run to run. So if we take only 25 fights the variation is as big as it was experienced in the match.

niektory wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Lol!

Indeed this is a nice one

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-25, 01:39

WorldSavior wrote:

sunday i will just be back from vacation, but it's my brother's birthday, so better not.

i will try to arrange meetings and then will tell my free days

WorldSavior wrote:

probably it's just a sensational result. 1% chance is supposed to happen every once in a while

Edited: 2020-08-25, 01:40

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-25, 20:30

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

sunday i will just be back from vacation, but it's my brother's birthday, so better not.

i will try to arrange meetings and then will tell my free days

okay, i'm looking forward to it

WorldSavior wrote:

probably it's just a sensational result. 1% chance is supposed to happen every once in a while

Yes

Top Quote