Latest Posts

Topic: new tribe: amazons

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-05, 22:53

hessenfarmer wrote:

Just to inform everybody: recent changes in master broke AI handling of amazons. Need to find a way to reinstate the same behaviour as with my dirty hack that is now gone. May need some time though.

Ok it is still a dirty hack but it works again in the latest version of the amazons.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-06, 15:22

Status report: I am through with the medium buildings now. Still missing: Big buildings; treetop sentry; a few wares; worker icons. We're getting there face-smile.png

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-06, 21:46

Nordfriese wrote:

Status report: I am through with the medium buildings now. Still missing: Big buildings; treetop sentry; a few wares; worker icons. We're getting there face-smile.png

Nice to hear : )

What is possibly missing is the atmosphere of the amazon warrior

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-07, 00:05

the-x wrote:

+1

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-20, 08:36

WorldSavior wrote:

the-x wrote:

+1

Well, maybe the atmosphere that is missed here would not be in line with our Art ethics.

see https://www.widelands.org/wiki/WidelandsArtEthics/

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-20, 09:22

But indeed you cant throw the complete athmosphere.

The ethic says by the way "graphics and sound must not contain blood, gore or violence"

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-20, 09:26

We should maybe take a closer look an how the amazons looked and do it without any violence. This could maybe be overdone, cause now it definitely is not fitting to the style.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-20, 10:42

Well, maybe the atmosphere that is missed here would not be in line with our Art ethics.

Exactly. Another point is that nobody gave a definition of what is meant by this ominous "atmosphere" which is lacking in the opinion of some people (not me). And finally, if very good suggestions how to improve the soldier had been made while these graphics were still new I might have followed them, but now they are already part of several other buildings as well (youth gathering, warriors gathering) and these would all need to be redone. So if the-x or someone else would like to do that, feel free. (Blender files are in the media repo). Otherwise I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who wants to comment on my artwork reads this first https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=10263 thanks.

Edit: by the way I can't currently load an amazons savegame: buildings: tribe amazons does not define building type "amazons_dressmaker"

Edited: 2020-08-20, 10:43

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-20, 10:55

Nordfriese wrote:

Exactly. Another point is that nobody gave a definition of what is meant by this ominous "atmosphere" which is lacking in the opinion of some people (not me). And finally, if very good suggestions how to improve the soldier had been made while these graphics were still new I might have followed them, but now they are already part of several other buildings as well (youth gathering, warriors gathering) and these would all need to be redone. So if the-x or someone else would like to do that, feel free. (Blender files are in the media repo). Otherwise I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who wants to comment on my artwork reads this first https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=10263 thanks.

100% agreement. Any blender artist is welcome and as long as nobody will come up for this task the discussion is less then academic. Anyhow as far as I could find out yet the "Amazons" described by Orellana and his successors were said to wear finest clothes from wool of the llamas. and we are basing the tribe on the amazons from the Amazonas region and not the greek mythological stuff and by sure not on tv models like Xenia or some marvel comic character.
So for me this fits well

Edit: by the way I can't currently load an amazons savegame: buildings: tribe amazons does not define building type "amazons_dressmaker"

I needed to change the buildings name from amazons_dressmaker to amazons_dressmakery to fit with the new tribes_filtering mechanisms, as the register part wasn't able to distinguish between the worker amazons_dressmaker and the building. But I forgot to add savegame compatibility for this. I might do this after the next big change currently under review is in. This upcoming change is the basis for having pluggable tribes.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-22, 15:49

All object names will need to be globally unique when the refactoring is done. This will be true for the world units as well.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote