Latest Posts

Topic: Couple of issues with Empire Campaign 4

jad
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2020-08-04, 16:36

I'm midway through the 4th part of the Empire Campaign at the moment, and have hit a couple of problems

1- I can't get the 'Clear all unnecessary roads' objective to clear. I've looked over my road network more times than I care to count, looking for dead-ends and junctions with more than 4 roads (I think that's what the code is looking for, I've never programmed in Lua). I see no dead-ends, no large junctions, no reason that I can see why this objective isn't clearing.

2- I'm trying to get my 10 tools, for which I'll need a vineyard. The vineyard is built, there's a basket in my headquarters (I think that's the tool needed by the vineyard), and yet it just has the 'Worker missing' message over it. I can't figure out why no worked is picking up the basket to come and work in the vineyard.

If anyone's got any ideas about how I can progress in this campaign, I'd really appreciate it!

Running build 21 by the way.

Thanks

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-04, 16:50

Hi jad, welcome to the forums.

jad wrote:

I'm midway through the 4th part of the Empire Campaign at the moment, and have hit a couple of problems

1- I can't get the 'Clear all unnecessary roads' objective to clear. I've looked over my road network more times than I care to count, looking for dead-ends and junctions with more than 4 roads (I think that's what the code is looking for, I've never programmed in Lua). I see no dead-ends, no large junctions, no reason that I can see why this objective isn't clearing.

I bet you might have 2 junctions with 5 roads or more. The objective clears if you have equal or less then 3 deadends (flags with only one road) and equal or less then 1 Star (flag with more then 4 roads). Maybe there is some road left where you dismanteled a building as well. Hard to tell without a savegame / replay.

2- I'm trying to get my 10 tools, for which I'll need a vineyard. The vineyard is built, there's a basket in my headquarters (I think that's the tool needed by the vineyard), and yet it just has the 'Worker missing' message over it. I can't figure out why no worked is picking up the basket to come and work in the vineyard.

Well the empire Wine Farmer needs a basket AND a shovel and both need to be in the same warehouse. However as for iron mining and smelting no wine is needed only beer for the ironmine and the coalmine

If anyone's got any ideas about how I can progress in this campaign, I'd really appreciate it!

Running build 21 by the way.

Thanks

You're welcome

Top Quote
jad
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2020-08-05, 15:56

Thanks for the pointer on the vineyard - didn't realise that a shovel was needed as well. Needed the wine for the Trade or War objective. Anyway, that all sorted now.

I've had another really good look around, and still can't anu deadends, nor flags with more than 4 roads (in fact, I think all flags are <= 3, since I've been trying to get that objective to clear!). My other option I suppose is just to ignore it, unless it needs to clear to move onto something else?

If someone could spare a few minutes to look at a save game, to figure out just what I'm sure I'm stupidly missing, I'd really appreciate it!

I don't see any way of adding an attachment to this forum (probably because I haven't been around here long enough), so I've put it on dropbox instead - https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tapeh55wivp2qx/emp4.wgf

Many thanks

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-05, 16:18

I think you have found a bug - I deleted all the roads in the attached savegame and the objective did not clear. Unless that all counts as dead ends now?

Edited: 2020-08-05, 16:19

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
jad
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2020-08-05, 16:51

Thanks, good to know I'm not going crazy!

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-08-05, 23:03

GunChleoc wrote:

I think you have found a bug - I deleted all the roads in the attached savegame and the objective did not clear. Unless that all counts as dead ends now?

well I tried it with current master and the objective cleared fine need to try with the savegame to determine what went wrong

Top Quote