Latest Posts

Topic: Shortcut for Headquarters

Venatrix
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-10-05, 20:36

Please tell me, if I'm mistaken, but as I understand it, the home-key is the shortcut for going to the headquarters. What about the keyboards that don't have such a key? Maybe it's not that important, I did not miss this feature in the past (I have no internet-keyboard but there are other ways to quickly jump to a special location), but as you have a shortcut, everybody should be able to use it, right?

Just a thought.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
sigra

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2010-10-06, 06:29

Venatrix wrote: Please tell me, if I'm mistaken, but as I understand it, the home-key is the shortcut for going to the headquarters.

The home key is for going to the so-called home location. It is the location that the view is centered on when the game starts. (Some initializations and scenarios create some kind of headquarters there for the player when the game starts.)

What about the keyboards that don't have such a key? Maybe it's not that important, I did not miss this feature in the past (I have no internet-keyboard but there are other ways to quickly jump to a special location), but as you have a shortcut, everybody should be able to use it, right?

It is difficult to make the shortcuts work for everybody if they use keyboards where some keys might be missing. But if you tell us which SDL key symbol corresponds to the key (combination) that you use on your keyboard to move the cursor to the beginning of a line, it could perhaps be added to Widelands. I assume that you have the same problem when navigating in Widelands' text input widgets, both single line (Home, End) and multi line (Home, End, Ctrl+Home, Ctrl+End).

Top Quote
Venatrix
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-10-06, 08:39

Thanks for the answer, but the problem I had was another, stupid, one: As I have a keyboard with german layout I can't have such a key as "home" because it's called "pos1" (Position 1). I never took care, what these keys are called in english, and as my version of Widelands became german with the last daily-built-update two days ago I didn't look into the translated readme…

As I said, it was just a stupid mistake at network layer 8 face-wink.png because the key I was thinking about at the beginning, I don't have, is the "homepage" key on those internet/multimedia keyboards.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote