Latest Posts

Topic: new tribe: amazons

the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-05-03, 22:16

Again to the graphics of the carriers, if we have an eye on that everything is correct most importantly the carriers have to be fitting in the style, atm they are are looking like 20th century - or like doctors rather than Amazons, a tribe 3000 years ago

Building graphics are very accurate

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-05-03, 22:31

Again to the graphics of the carriers, if we have an eye on that everything is correct most importantly the carriers have to be fitting in the style, atm they are are looking like 20th century - or like doctors rather than Amazons, a tribe 3000 years ago

Ob das nun n weißer Arztkittel ist oder ein bleich-farbloses Gewand sei mal dahingestellt - finde aber sie sollten schon wie Amazonen aussehen

I posted the first worker models 1½ months ago, the lack of crtiticism during this period means approval, now they're all complete so fundamental critique comes too late. Besides I don't see a similarity to doctor's coats, I'm dressed in a lab coat all day in non-"Shutdown" times and they have nothing in common at all with rubber-coloured vests/dresses.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-05-03, 22:42

the-x wrote:

Again to the graphics of the carriers, if we have an eye on that everything is correct most importantly the carriers have to be fitting in the style, atm they are are looking like 20th century - or like doctors

they don't have this effect on me. they seem appropriate.

if i must bring some overall criticism is that the art style for people for frisians and amazons is different from the three core tribes. something which i haven't criticized because i have no artistic competence whatsoever and i assume it's caused by different artists.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-05-03, 23:03

king_of_nowhere wrote:

the-x wrote:

Again to the graphics of the carriers, if we have an eye on that everything is correct most importantly the carriers have to be fitting in the style, atm they are are looking like 20th century - or like doctors

they don't have this effect on me. they seem appropriate.

if i must bring some overall criticism is that the art style for people for frisians and amazons is different from the three core tribes. something which i haven't criticized because i have no artistic competence whatsoever and i assume it's caused by different artists.

I believe we have to accept this as you can't copy somebody elses style and our blender artists are very rare (I count only 2) so the primary goal of the amazons is uniqueness and distinguishabilty which is perfectly there and the look and feel of the buildings is really nice. Only mild critics I have is a little uniformity of the buildings. But there are still many to come so we can have variety with them. Anyhow any strive for perfection would be the dead of this nice tribe I believe so we can't satisfy all little details. I would be happy to have them in b22 with this sort of graphics.
And thanks to Nordfriese to put so much effort in this.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-21, 16:44

Trying to open the economy options window crashes with

widelands: ../src/wui/economy_options_window.cc:762: void EconomyOptionsWindow::read_targets(): Assertion `di != Widelands::INVALID_INDEX' failed.

Probably something wrong with the default economy profiles…

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-21, 22:09

On friday I renamed bread_ amazons to amazons_bread to be consistent with the other tribes. Maybe I overlooked something. it doesn't crash in a release build though.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-22, 21:24

I had fixed that earlier, but now I get

Fehler mit de Speel-Daten
create_ship(63,39,tribe:amazons_ship,Speler 1): ship not found: Unknown ship type "tribe:amazons_ship"

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-22, 21:56

Nordfriese wrote:

I had fixed that earlier, but now I get Fehler mit de Speel-Daten create_ship(63,39,tribe:amazons_ship,Speler 1): ship not found: Unknown ship type "tribe:amazons_ship"

Thanks for fixing. I found and fixed the ship error

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-22, 22:15

While fixing the lua error I saw the amazon ship for the first time. I like the little canoes but they should be fixed together like float with a middle platform to represent a ship. maybe the can have a small sail as well but they don't need to have one

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-23, 16:42

I found and fixed the ship error

Thanks

While fixing the lua error I saw the amazon ship for the first time. I like the little canoes but they should be fixed together like float with a middle platform to represent a ship.

Done. I think a sail wouldn't fit though as the amazons don't use cloth, so making one would require sewing skill, and the shipwright doesn't have a suitable tool for that.

Also, more warnings during loading:

┏━ Running Lua for tribes:
┃    Ships: 717ms
┃    Wares: 154ms
┃    Immovables: 405ms
ERROR: Unused key "directory" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.
┃    Workers: 4711ms
ERROR: Unused key "needs_seafaring" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.
┃    Warehouses: 612ms
WARNING: Productionsite amazons_water_gatherers_hut has a workarea but does not inform about any conflicting buildings
┃    Productionsites: 1803ms
┃    Trainingsites: 269ms
┃    Militarysites: 376ms
┃    Partially finished buildings: 4ms
ERROR: Unused key "basename" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.
┃    Tribe infos: 270ms
┗━ took: 9323ms

Top Quote