Latest Posts

Topic: Bugs between build20 and build21

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-16, 08:20

WorldSavior wrote:

The ship transport has suffered a lot after build20. Not only that there is now a pointless penalty time for ware-unloading which reduces the game fun and changes the game in an unnecessary way, there is also a new bug which can bring down whole island economies: Wares don't get transported. Some ships go around and transport some wares, but many wares stay in the port and many ships just sit around while the amount of wares which are waiting for being shipped increases into thousands of pieces. (amazons6762)

Has this been fixed again?

yes, this was one of the latest commits in master before scheduling winterfreeze. you might consider testing it either in latest master or amazons 7461. This would help for ensuring quality for the ReleaseCandidate

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Bug in the current amazon build: If you create a savegame from a replay, you cannot load it.

I can confirm this partly. The savegame is not listed in the in game load list. However it is loadable from the filesystem (open with or doubleclick on the file)

Still it's a nasty regression bug. And if I doublecklck on the file, there is no loading, the folder just opens and that's it.

The doubleclick only works if you save in compressed format obviously. However I agree this is an ennoying bug

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-06-16, 12:43

Adding --loadgame=save/name.wgf in the command line also works, regardless of the save format.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-18, 08:09

niektory wrote:

Adding --loadgame=save/name.wgf in the command line also works, regardless of the save format.

Thanks for the hint, this works for single player games, but not for

• savegames created by local network / by replays
  • savegames created in the multiplayer lobby games

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

The ship transport has suffered a lot after build20. Not only that there is now a pointless penalty time for ware-unloading which reduces the game fun and changes the game in an unnecessary way, there is also a new bug which can bring down whole island economies: Wares don't get transported. Some ships go around and transport some wares, but many wares stay in the port and many ships just sit around while the amount of wares which are waiting for being shipped increases into thousands of pieces. (amazons6762)

Has this been fixed again?

yes, this was one of the latest commits in master before scheduling winterfreeze. you might consider testing it either in latest master or amazons 7461. This would help for ensuring quality for the ReleaseCandidate

I might test it soon

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Bug in the current amazon build: If you create a savegame from a replay, you cannot load it.

I can confirm this partly. The savegame is not listed in the in game load list. However it is loadable from the filesystem (open with or doubleclick on the file)

Still it's a nasty regression bug. And if I doublecklck on the file, there is no loading, the folder just opens and that's it.

The doubleclick only works if you save in compressed format obviously.

It doesn't, i've been saving in compressed format for years and have not changed that

However I agree this is an ennoying bug

And it's even worse: The same bug happens if you save a game from a local network match - not loadable.

Luckily the bug doesn't happen if you save a game from a metaserver network match - because then the tournament would have a big problem.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-18, 08:40

WorldSavior wrote:

niektory wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

And it's even worse: The same bug happens if you save a game from a local network match - not loadable.

In this case this needs to be fixed before b21. Thanks for testing.

Edited: 2020-06-18, 08:41

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-18, 18:47

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

niektory wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

In this case this needs to be fixed before b21.

+1

The bug that single player savegames are not loadable in multiplayer still exists and vice versa. Or at least one of them.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-18, 18:53

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

niektory wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

I cannot confirm that. Starting a new LAN game, saving it, restarting Widelands, choosing LAN → saved game, I am offered the new savegame as expected.

In this case this needs to be fixed before b21.

+1

Only if it can be confirmed…

The bug that single player savegames are not loadable in multiplayer […]

Have they ever been?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-18, 19:03

Nordfriese wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

The bug that single player savegames are not loadable in multiplayer […]

Have they ever been?

Not that I'd know, that's why I've written "still"....

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-20, 00:53

I've found a crash in the current master.

To reproduce:

• Build barbarian coalmine
  • wait until it contains rations
  • enhance it while keeping the rations
  • shift+click on changing building materials

Looks like the shift tries to decrease / increase the rations, which is obviously not possible?

If not easily fixable: I think that shift+click is more important than the "keep wares even though enhancing / dismantling", as this is not perfect yet anyway

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-20, 10:54

I'll investigate this later, thanks for reporting. Should be an easy fix.

Edit: PR is up https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/3949

If not easily fixable: I think that shift+click is more important than the "keep wares even though enhancing / dismantling", as this is not perfect yet anyway

For the future: It is getting a bit annoying to always have to ask "Why do you think a certain feature is 'not perfect'?". So I'm going to ignore comments like that without explanations from now on…

Edited: 2020-06-20, 11:27

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-20, 21:24

Nordfriese wrote:

I'll investigate this later, thanks for reporting.

You're welcome

Edit: PR is up https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/3949

For the future: It is getting a bit annoying to always have to ask "Why do you think a certain feature is 'not perfect'?". So I'm going to ignore comments like that without explanations from now on…

I suggest that the default option is "wares survive", so ctrl-click at enhancing or dismantling doesn't destroy the wares. Why? Because this is the default situation. Situations where one wants to destroy the wares while enhancing or dismantling are very rare.

Using ctrl to dismantle or enhance quickly is also a default behavior.

Top Quote