Latest Posts

Topic: multiplayer tournament 2020

king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-15, 05:46

WorldSavior wrote:

By the way, when does the tournament start already? Is one of the first matches really kings_of_mars vs World-X on Wisent valley?

there is no dictated order to the matches, since all the games must be played eventually. nothing prevents anyone from playing all five games in the same day, or someone else to spend the next two months without playing (but let's try to not do that).

as for starting, as soon as you guys agree on which version we should play

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-15, 19:02

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

However Everything related to Amazons has no translation at all and never had due to this being still a development branch and so no Amazon texts are currently on transifex.

I know. But this doesn't stop working translations of other content in the version 6762.

This is not related to the build but to your installation. You could PM me to solve this out if you need support.

Ok. This is very weird, because the installation of 6762 worked. I might ask you for support soon.

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

By the way, when does the tournament start already? Is one of the first matches really kings_of_mars vs World-X on Wisent valley?

there is no dictated order to the matches, since all the games must be played eventually. nothing prevents anyone from playing all five games in the same day, or someone else to spend the next two months without playing (but let's try to not do that).

Okay, that brings some advantages.

Win conditions - all autocrat except for Ice Wars (modified autocrat) ?

Which team takes which colors?

as for starting, as soon as you guys agree on which version we should play

It seems like we cannot agree.

My suggestion would be that the primary version would be that one which I suggested some posts ago and the secondary version that one which has been suggested by someone else some posts ago, the new version.

If there will be no agreement - can you make a decision?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-16, 14:17

I am prefering the newest playable Version, just tell me which to install

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-17, 01:56

i updated the first post to address which team gets which color (for those curious, i summed the team numbers; if the result was an even number, team on the left of the table got blue, on an odd number team on the top would get blue)

i also ask that everyone post their possible playing times, which i will update into the first post, because from previous experience it's not easy to get 4 people to agree on a time, especially if they come from different time zones.

teppo volunteered to be the final arbiter. not that we ever needed one, but just in case, we have him.

regarding versions, i'm confused and i'm not knowledgeable enough. If you guys can't agree and I have to make a decision, I will pick 6762, because it's the one I already have installed and i'd rather do less fuss. which, lacking better knowledge, is as good a criteria to choose as anything else.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-17, 08:08

king_of_nowhere wrote:

i also ask that everyone post their possible playing times, which i will update into the first post, because from previous experience it's not easy to get 4 people to agree on a time, especially if they come from different time zones.

Sundays 14-24 CEST, Saturdays 14-19 CEST, most other days 20-23 CEST

teppo volunteered to be the final arbiter. not that we ever needed one, but just in case, we have him.

Thanks, teppo

regarding versions, i'm confused and i'm not knowledgeable enough. If you guys can't agree and I have to make a decision, I will pick 6762, because it's the one I already have installed and i'd rather do less fuss. which, lacking better knowledge, is as good a criteria to choose as anything else.

Well then I re-decide to agree with the version suggested by hessenfarmer, which can be found for example here: https://www.widelands.org/forum/post/33531/

Nobody else was against this version, so there seems to be an agreement. (?)

Edited: 2020-06-17, 08:08

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-17, 12:48

ok, i updated that too on the main page. and now i think can can really start

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-06-17, 13:49

king_of_nowhere wrote:

the official version for this tournament is amazon 7461. it can be downloaded at this link: https://www.widelands.org/forum/topic/4847/?page=11#post-33531

+1

possible playing times (all times are central european standard time)

You probably mean Central European Summer Time (UTC+02:00).

I can play between 14:00 and 24:00 CEST on most days, but other times are also on the table if needed.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-17, 19:08

the-x' favorite times are 14 CEST sundays and saturdays.

Even though this sunday might be an exception, we are already looking for one or two teams who would like to play with us this weekend. Who is interested?

(hessenfarmer already told me that the sunday would be an option for him, but I don't know what Hasi thinks about that)

We can be ready for a match if we can agree on a date some days in advance. Or maybe even more spontaneous, we'll see.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-17, 23:17

me and mars would like to challenge someone this sunday at 14.

possibly not worldsavior/the-x because i think that big match should be reserved for the end.

Top Quote
Hasi50
Version: 1.2 (selfcompiled master etc)
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-06-18, 18:31

I currently have "on call duty", which can result in a lot of sress. However I am Free starting on Tuesday. @hessenfarmer what about you?

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote