Latest Posts

Topic: multiplayer tournament 2020

niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-06-10, 19:34

Why not a newer version? That one has a healing bug, a marble mine bug, a training camp bug + some others, and lacks some nice UI improvements.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-10, 20:28

niektory wrote:

Why not a newer version? That one has a healing bug, a marble mine bug, a training camp bug + some others, and lacks some nice UI improvements.

I wopuld recommend an amazons build based on our RC or B21 as well. Simply to discover issues for b22 in this context.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-10, 20:39

ok, i made a bracket in the first post with the pairings. since it's round robin, the order of the games won't matter.

i worked out a schedule where each team will play on a different map for every match. only decision left is maps. some suggestions are scattered all over the thread. i give 24 hours for last suggestions (or to repost old ones) then i pick maps and we can officially start

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-10, 20:45

Sorry, is it intentional we (hasifarmers) have 2 times the same map according your table

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-10, 22:39

Notabilis wrote:

Great! Welcome in the winning team, Modellbahner!

You are the winning team? We'll see about that, dear Notabilis ; )

Any suggestions for epic team names? Maybe NoTTabahner?

+1

niektory wrote:

Which training camp bug? And don't have the newer versions the training algorithm bugs?

hessenfarmer wrote:

Sorry, is it intentional we (hasifarmers) have 2 times the same map according your table

And team stef_tan has gotten the same problem

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-11, 00:48

hessenfarmer wrote:

no, it was an overlook from my side. it's not trivial to arrange everything to avoid superpositions. i have fixed

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-11, 07:51

king_of_nowhere wrote: some suggestions are scattered all over the thread. i give 24 hours for last suggestions (or to repost old ones) then i pick maps and we can officially start

Short distances:

• Cycles 8 players, grey puple vs ochre white, Link

• The map in the Attachment (Four Worlds 2), east vs west

• Great escape, red yellow vs green grey, Link

Medium distances:

• Wisent valley, blue green vs red yellow

• Ice Wars, blue red vs grey ochre, not autocrat

Long distances:

• Swamp monks, east vs west

• Big lake, blue red vs green grey

Attachment:
Four Worlds 2.wmf.zip (14.0 KB)

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-06-11, 10:58

WorldSavior wrote:

Which training camp bug? And don't have the newer versions the training algorithm bugs?

Frisian training camp wastes time when there are no helmets (#3881). And #3871 fixed some training selection bugs so hopefully it works acceptably now (unless you dislike the algorithm in general).

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-11, 11:59

Regarding maps: I like Full Moon (east vs west or north vs south)

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-11, 18:20

niektory wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Frisian training camp wastes time when there are no helmets (#3881).

Well, that has very low priority in my opinion. Everyone is used to this kind of bug because of b20 and older builds...

And #3871 fixed some training selection bugs so hopefully it works acceptably now (unless you dislike the algorithm in general).

Is that already in the newest Amazon build of hessenfarmer? I tried that one out and it's dissatisfying, because the training algorithm bugs are still in there:

• kicking out a half trained soldier results in that soldier going into the Labyrinth/Dungeon again immediately
  • increasing capacity of those buildings still does nothing, it takes a while until the soldiers are moving and so on

Furthermore:

• Only English available, no other languages
  • Version number not working (Revdetect broken, not fixable with the usual fix)

Conclusion: Ama6762 is better

Edit: I don't dislike a training algorithm in general, because a working one has not been tested yet - so I don't know yet if the advantages of a working algorithm are bigger than its disadvantages.

Edited: 2020-06-11, 19:04

Top Quote