Latest Posts

Topic: General call for testing

Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-08, 14:57

I followed the link you posted above and chose the 64 bit Release build. I did not test it much though, only played the first empire scenario.

+1 for using this to provide build21-rc1 and build21 builds, but only if we can get this branch merged into master before winter time freeze. I went through the last commits in the build-20 branch and it seems like getting AppVeyor to produce the correct version involves quite some fiddling with the appveyor.yml and the innosetup script, which should be performed only once, in the build-21 branch.

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-06-08, 16:07

I updated the flatpak-beta, so Linux Users can now test as well. See for the instructions Download

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-08, 16:11

Nordfriese wrote:

I followed the link you posted above and chose the 64 bit Release build. I did not test it much though, only played the first empire scenario.

ok. thanks a lot for testing.

+1 for using this to provide build21-rc1 and build21 builds, but only if we can get this branch merged into master before winter time freeze. I went through the last commits in the build-20 branch and it seems like getting AppVeyor to produce the correct version involves quite some fiddling with the appveyor.yml and the innosetup script, which should be performed only once, in the build-21 branch.

Merging this is not a good idea imho. as the static build is potentially more unstable then the dynamic build as it depends on the availability of static libraries. My plan was to have this branch updated from master from time to time which will deliver a static build for all configs every time this is done. Due to the necessary changes in cmake and appveyor.yml that were necessary for this branch I really recomment to keep them separated.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-08, 16:49

stonerl wrote:

I updated the flatpak-beta, so Linux Users can now test as well. See for the instructions Download

Thanks face-smile.png

hessenfarmer wrote:

Merging this is not a good idea imho. as the static build is potentially more unstable then the dynamic build as it depends on the availability of static libraries. My plan was to have this branch updated from master from time to time which will deliver a static build for all configs every time this is done. Due to the necessary changes in cmake and appveyor.yml that were necessary for this branch I really recomment to keep them separated.

Ah ok. So I guess we could then merge this branch into the b21 branch to get the release and RC statically linked?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-08, 17:30

Nordfriese wrote:

Ah ok. So I guess we could then merge this branch into the b21 branch to get the release and RC statically linked?

yeah this might work probably, either way would be to create a rc or release brnach from the static one as well

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-06-14, 22:09

Nordfriese wrote:

I opened a pull request to let appveyor use the same version string as all other system do. We should be able to user appveyor for release builds then...

Top Quote