Latest Posts

Topic: General call for testing

stdh
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2016-11-19, 16:02

I'm trying out these changes right now. Recently I replayed the campaigns (to check if the translations i made for b19 were OK -- I'm happy to say they're not too horrible face-wink.png ), so I should be able to make some useful remarks.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-11-19, 17:28

LAZA wrote:

I will try them if i have enough spare time... (little) baby girl is stealing time and heart... face-grin.png

She definitely takes precedence. So, Widelands has 3 babies now!

Should i test build 19 or a newer trunk? Then i need the bzr you changed the events.

As far as I remember, it doesn't need any of the C++ changes done since Build 19 in order to work, because this is Lua only and didn't move any files around.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
stdh
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2016-11-22, 13:05

I had a look at these changes, all improvements work. Some remarks and other timing issues:

• bar01: Some of the now-delayed dialog windows (briefing_msg_{05,06,07}) still have "the story begins" as title.
  • atl01: Objective for warehouse comes perhaps a bit early: depending on where player puts one it doesn't help at all for escaping the rising tide - I don't suppose that's a problem though. But it's possible to trigger this objective and get instructed to build horse farms before one has any farms. face-smile.png
  • tut01:
    • After the tutor builds the first lumberjack's hut, maybe he/she should wait a bit longer before ordering the extra flag on the road, so it would be more obvious how slow transport is with that long road segment.
    • Showing the different ways to move the view: as soon as the view has moved (before I even release the arrow key/mouse button) a new objective is shown and the game saved, that doesn't go very smoothly (at least on the old machine I use).
    • Messages in a real game: it could take some time between the first and the second 'quarry empty' messages, maybe a bit awkward.
    • At the end, I think 10 seconds is too long before showing the conclusion, the player can take a look at their territory afterwards if they want.
  • tut02: If for whatever reason the trainingcamp is finished first, dialogue flow is disrupted. F.e. celebration of 'strongest soldiers ever' comes too soon, and explanation of evasion comes after instruction to dismantle the sentry.
  • tut04: When I first played this, I didn't immediately understand the tavern incident. Timing's better now, though still fast compared to the rest of Widelands. face-smile.png

While going over the tutorials/campaigns again, I noted a number of small possible refinements. Is there some place I can dump these? Bugtracker is maybe not the best place, it's not one single bug.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-11-22, 13:31

You can open a general tweaking but, we can always split that off into multiple bugs if we think that the issues should be worked on separately.

Thanks for your feedback!

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-11-30, 20:11

stdh wrote:

• Messages in a real game: it could take some time between the first and the second 'quarry empty' messages, maybe a bit awkward.

I don't understand what change you are suggesting here - it only needs to work in the tutorial. We have 2 quarries, hence 2 messages (unlike waiting for 2 messages from the same quarry, which would be 30 minutes apart).

All other suggestions have been implemented, thanks a lot!

I am getting a crash in Tutorial 4 with the Tavern code now, I still have to look into that.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-12-10, 10:58

The crash is not caused by this branch, so I merged the campaign changes.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-22, 14:46

It would be good if somebody could test the spritesheets branch, the code has already been approved.

https://github.com/gunchleoc/widelands/tree/spritesheet-generation

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/widelands-dev/widelands/builds/27577176

Barbarian Units that are using spritesheets:

• Flags
  • Wood Hardener
  • Carrier

Note that the idle carrier gets a black background when zoomed out - this is a proof-of-concept that the correct mipmap files are being generated and used. We'll delete that one before merging.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-05-26, 08:34

We managed to make appveyor producing static builds for windows.
Would be good if somebody could check them whether they are working properly

see https://ci.appveyor.com/project/widelands-dev/widelands/builds/33108381

The purpose of a static build is to include all dependencies in the final executable so there should be no need to have any dll's for running widelands properly.
Thanks for feedback

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-08, 12:49

I tested this now on my WIndows machine. I know again why I don't like Windows face-wink.png But everything is working normally.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-06-08, 13:46

Just out of interest, which build did you test?
Anyhow I'll merge master into the static link branch to have actual builds. This branch could easily produce a RC or a release version as well We just need to provide a version file in this case.

Top Quote