Latest Posts

Topic: Bugs between build20 and build21

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-16, 23:06

hessenfarmer wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

This discussion seems to have been going on for years and always going in circles. Since there seems to be no solution that satisfies everyone, how about splitting the mill into two buildings, one for cornmeal (working only on demand) and one for blackroot flour (working always)? We already figured out that atlanteans are somewhat overpowered in early game so this would not even negatively impact balancing much…

I believe I found a solution to implement that a default target quantity of 0 will be not visible in the eco settings. this would satisfy every aspect. having an additional mill would not have an effect on early game advantage of atlanteans.
I'll prepare a branch tonight.

so this is what is fixing both views on the topic.
https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/3855

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-18, 14:59

hessenfarmer wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

This discussion seems to have been going on for years and always going in circles. Since there seems to be no solution that satisfies everyone, how about splitting the mill into two buildings, one for cornmeal (working only on demand) and one for blackroot flour (working always)? We already figured out that atlanteans are somewhat overpowered in early game so this would not even negatively impact balancing much…

I believe I found a solution to implement that a default target quantity of 0 will be not visible in the eco settings. this would satisfy every aspect. having an additional mill would not have an effect on early game advantage of atlanteans.

got merged into master

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-18, 18:40

hessenfarmer wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

got merged into master

Good solution. Another possibility would have been to let some more buildings ignore economy settings when their input wares are not needed. In build18 this was the case, so nobody thought that there is a bug with the mill, I guess.

Nordfriese wrote:

All right then face-smile.png Seeing as the community is getting impatient, I have scheduled the first snow feature freeze.

That's pretty cool

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
JanO
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2020-04-20, 21:54

In bzr9250-202004120848 Release I found my barbarian weaving mill refusing work because of no need for ships on that map. Unfortunately the ferrybuilder could not approve that behaviour...

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-04-20, 22:24

JanO wrote:

In bzr9250-202004120848 Release I found my barbarian weaving mill refusing work because of no need for ships on that map. Unfortunately the ferrybuilder could not approve that behaviour...

This was fixed a few days ago face-smile.png

bzr9261 or newer should work fine.

Let Barbarians produce cloth on maps without seafaring #3846

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-20, 22:28

niektory wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

niektory wrote:

I think the marble mines are simply buggy and are sometimes producing less marble than they should. I'm going to investigate this more closely. Perhaps fixing the bug is all that needs to be done.

How do you come to this conclusion. They produce exactly what is defined in their program (1 time stone and 1 time marble). However this could be changed like KoN suggested but it is not a bug.

I'm pretty sure it is: Wrong ratio of Granite:Marble produced by Empire Marble Mine #3863

Thanks to Niektory a very serious bug with empire and atlantean stone mines was discovered and can be fixed for b21. Good spot!

Top Quote
JanO
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2020-04-20, 23:16

Ok face-smile.png
Looks like I should update my version more often

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-21, 09:38

2 new bugs found by blind3rdeye,

see https://www.widelands.org/forum/post/32641/

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-05-02, 15:06

blind3rdeye found also another bug and described it in the TTT-Thread. (Unwanted micromanaging of foresters and so on)

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-05-02, 19:41

blind3rdeye found also another bug and described it in the TTT-Thread. (Unwanted micromanaging of foresters and so on)

Can you provide the link to or quote the relevant post(s) please?

Top Quote