Latest Posts

Topic: Tempo Training Tournament

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-27, 22:08

Thanks again for organising this. it is always fun to have some sort of economy or single player tournament in between the multiplayer ones.
I learned a lot and sure the results and replays should help the ever ongoing discussion of balancing (although I need time to make up my mind properly about this). Any changes would only go in to b22 so we have some time to really discuss these issues.

Congratulations to all the players participating. I expect they had as much fun as I had attempting to first beat ones own record.

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-04-28, 04:10

the-x wrote:

I am happy to have the new record for the fastest Hero of the Amazons :-) since this specific replay didnt work so far, ill upload it again with the 2 wpga so everything should be complete

@the-x: Please search for a file named 2020-04-24T10.51.54_single_player.wrpl in your replays folder and upload it. This appears to be the missing file for your Amazons result.

And since you're having so much trouble with it, in the future I recommend that after finishing a game you'd like to save a replay for, don't start another game but immediately copy the 2 newest files into another folder. And triple-check that their names really match.

WorldSavior wrote:

Might be true, but I regret now that I haven’t searched a referee. But if a widelands.org-Tournament lacks a referee, the admins are referees by default, so to speak face-wink.png

Yes, it's generally good to have a referee that's not participating.

His barbarian record involved a special trick which he might have invented (micromanaging soldier routes)

I discovered it by accident in one of my previous tries. And now I realize I gave you another weapon to use against us...

and his frisian record involved an extremely creative and clever strategy (building three blacksmiths and later three big weaponsmiths).

I started with one blacksmith (result: 31:17) but I noticed I have plenty of spare resources and a lot of time to wait, so I added a second one to speed up the final weapon production (result: 30:25). I still had some resources to spare so I thought "Why the hell not 3?" The third one gave me 10 additional seconds face-smile.png

Nevertheless I'm the winner. Again. Sorry for that face-wink.png I played slightly better in the imperial and amazon matches, and just had the best strategy for atlanteans.

It's a well deserved victory. face-smile.png Thanks for organizing, I had a lot of fun with it. I also found several bugs in the process, some of them are already fixed!

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-28, 11:16

niektory wrote:

the-x wrote:

I am happy to have the new record for the fastest Hero of the Amazons :-) since this specific replay didnt work so far, ill upload it again with the 2 wpga so everything should be complete

@the-x: Please search for a file named 2020-04-24T10.51.54_single_player.wrpl in your replays folder and upload it. This appears to be the missing file for your Amazons result.

And since you're having so much trouble with it, in the future I recommend that after finishing a game you'd like to save a replay for, don't start another game but immediately copy the 2 newest files into another folder. And triple-check that their names really match.

Here it is face-smile.png yes indeed, if you looked at what i was doing sunday, scanning my replay folders (since also this 2020-04-24T10.51.54_single_player.wrpl is doubled) - maybe its because i installed to many versions of widelands -> anyway for me its ok my results dont count, but my times should be listet correct

There are 2 ways to solve that - after every good replay we go in Folders and save this one immediatly - more details in the automatic process when a replay is saved

what was very special was that the times of these 3 data are different, one has 11:33 and the other two 10:51 o clock

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-28, 11:24

niektory wrote:

I started with one blacksmith (result: 31:17) but I noticed I have plenty of spare resources and a lot of time to wait, so I added a second one to speed up the final weapon production (result: 30:25). I still had some resources to spare so I thought "Why the hell not 3?" The third one gave me 10 additional seconds face-smile.png

Yes, this is a nice idea inside of the Tournament rules. Of course no one will do that in a real game ;-D

And so its nice to see that we have almost exact the same builds and everything though we didnt know anything of the other it tended to be the same build up - indeed these 3 blacksmith made huge of a difference

Whats also very nice to see how we manages the wares, like every 1 ware is completely micromanaged

-

This shall be the correct data, though the time is different from the savegame:

In total i can say we all 3 played perfectly the optimum - different was the blacksmith triple and lager / inventory

-

• This type of file is not allowed.

-> I cant upload the replay again, dont know why it is not allowed, had the problem sunday the same

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-28, 11:36

"I started with one blacksmith (result: 31:17)"

My result was 31:15, and it is crazy how exactly the same build up players get - this tends me to believe someday everyone plays exactly same.

whereas me personally, love the difference what makes games interesting - write me if you want to play challenging games

-

But your right, the table should be correct as there are only my four worst results in the table -

amazons, where i have the best time and overtook him is missing and atlanter he wrote a different time (20 min) My Atlantean time was 18:07

Edited: 2020-04-28, 11:46

Attachment:
The-X Atlantean 18 07.wgf (121.0 KB)

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-04-28, 16:20

niektory wrote:

@the-x: Please search for a file named 2020-04-24T10.51.54_single_player.wrpl in your replays folder and upload it.

the-x wrote:

Attachment: 2020-04-24T10.51.54_single_player.wrpl.wgf (46.3 KB)

I asked for:

• 2020-04-24T10.51.54_single_player.wrpl

You uploaded:

• 2020-04-24T10.51.54_single_player.wrpl.wgf

Do you see the problem?

(since also this 2020-04-24T10.51.54_single_player.wrpl is doubled)

OK, now I remembered that Windows has a misfeature that can hide some file extensions. So it's actually possible these two files (.wrpl and .wrpl.wgf) appear identical to you. In that case, please put both of them in a .zip archive and upload the archive.

See this article on how to make Windows show file extensions: https://www.howtogeek.com/205086/beginner-how-to-make-windows-show-file-extensions/

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-28, 18:05

the-x wrote:

• This type of file is not allowed.

-> I cant upload the replay again, dont know why it is not allowed, had the problem sunday the same

Please refer to the wiki page Attachments for pointers. There is a chapter which explains how to handle replays.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-28, 19:30

So here they are

Attachment:
fastest hero The-x Amazon.zip (178.5 KB)

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-04-28, 23:53

the-x wrote:

So here they are

Yes, You did it! Great result! Better late than never. face-wink.png

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-29, 19:56

niektory wrote:

His barbarian record involved a special trick which he might have invented (micromanaging soldier routes)

I discovered it by accident in one of my previous tries. And now I realize I gave you another weapon to use against us...

Or it's one of the weapons which i will forget all the time face-wink.png

and his frisian record involved an extremely creative and clever strategy (building three blacksmiths and later three big weaponsmiths).

Yes, makes sense. My crazy weaponsmith strategy is the fastest way to get the master smith, but then you will have used a lot of resources and you don't have resources for another master smith.

Nevertheless I'm the winner. Again. Sorry for that face-wink.png I played slightly better in the imperial and amazon matches, and just had the best strategy for atlanteans.

It's a well deserved victory. face-smile.png Thanks for organizing, I had a lot of fun with it.

Thanks, you are welcome

I also found several bugs in the process, some of them are already fixed!

That's great!

the-x wrote:

So here they are

So it's no manipulated match, everything is correct. I'm glad about that face-wink.png

And here it comes, the new amazon record: 22:38

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote