WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-24, 18:42

ektor wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

The rules say: "start your game, train one soldier to the highest level and save immediately" - so the game should be started from the beginning and not loaded. So I'm not going to accept further matches which are loaded from another try. However, if nobody is against it, I might turn a blind eye to this one match at the end of the tournament so it can count.

I'm going to change the rules now: Only replays from the beginning to the end are accepted, they must not be in parts. If they are newer than this rule.

Ooh, OK... I miss this. So I really have to retry entire game. face-grin.png

If nobody gets disadvantaged by this result of you, we could eventually let it count, as an exception.

the-x wrote:

and the Replay

This is only one of the two replay files, so it's unfortunately worthless

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
stmyr
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2020-04-26, 12:10

Hello everybody and thanks to WorldSavior for organizing this tournament and to all players sharing their insights.

I produced a barbarian hero in 38:04.

Since this is my first post, I am not yet allowed to post an attachment. I shall try to post something meaninful in the meantime face-wink.png

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-26, 12:30

stmyr wrote:

Hello everybody

hello

and thanks to WorldSavior for organizing this tournament

You're welcome

Since this is my first post, I am not yet allowed to post an attachment. I shall try to post something meaninful in the meantime face-wink.png

You could do that, yes. Writing 4 more posts unlocks attachments: https://www.widelands.org/wiki/Attachments/

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-26, 12:45

stmyr wrote:

Hello everybody and thanks to WorldSavior for organizing this tournament and to all players sharing their insights.

welcome on board. the save game file is very easy to locate. the replay is a bit more difficult because it is composed by two filed. one is .wrpl and the other is .wrpl.wgf

so you'll need a zip with 3 files total

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-26, 13:28

Nice to have you here face-smile.png Here some replays for the Tournament, please open starting 18:00

Attachment:
The-X Heroes.zip (1.4 MB)

Top Quote
stmyr
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2020-04-26, 15:18

Thanks to you all for the kind welcome face-smile.png

king_of_nowhere wrote:

stmyr wrote:

welcome on board. the save game file is very easy to locate. the replay is a bit more difficult because it is composed by two filed. one is .wrpl and the other is .wrpl.wgf

so you'll need a zip with 3 files total

Yes, thanks, I have found and bundled the files, ready for upload as soon as I finished my compulsory 5 posts face-wink.png

Top Quote
stmyr
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2020-04-26, 15:20

Produced a frisian hero in 38:33.

Curiously, the hero is not thrown out the arena immediately but only some seconds later. Savegame and replay will follow...

Top Quote
stmyr
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2020-04-26, 15:25

king_of_nowhere wrote:

Frisian 34:08

I could have done a couple minutes better, but i screwed up food management in the end. and that couple minutes faster would be the theoretical limit for frisian, because of blacksmith time.

frisian was very unsatisfying to play, as the only obstacle is leveling up the blacksmith and the seamstress. of those, leveling up the seamstress was the only thing requiring a bit of afterthought. aside from that, frisians have all the resources needed already. no need for any food economy besides the farms to get fur from the raindeers. no need for construction economy.

Don't you already have a master seamstress at the beginning? (I refer to build amazons-6762 of course.)

Hence you can build the tailor's shop immediately and do not need farm nor reindeer.

Top Quote
stmyr
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2020-04-26, 15:33

king_of_nowhere wrote:

32:27 with barbarian. always amazon 6762.

theoretical best time with barbarians is 31 minutes. that's the time it takes to build a metal workshop, work it long enough to gain a master blacksmith, upgrade it to war mill, and build the 5 axes needed. i made the metal workshop as my first building, it always worked, and still i got the last axe at 30:30. add in the time for road transport and promotions.

I could have done one minute better if the arena hadn't kicked out my soldier. barbarian training sites kick out very easily. i had to cycle all my soldiers to get the soldier back, and that made me lose time to promote it. I'm not going to try and improve it. it would not be entertaining enough. paradozically, barbarians are actually the easiest tribe to optimize: the blacksmith is your bottleneck. you cannot speed it up. everything else is faster. so as long as you keep your blacksmith working, other details are less important.

To avoid cycling through all the soldiers, you could build a warehouse next to the arena, supposed to only receive and emit that one soldier. (I'd keep that hint to myself, but I need another post face-wink.png )

Top Quote
stmyr
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2020-04-26, 15:37

So here is the attachment for barbarian hero in 38:04 on amazon6762.

Attachment:
stmyr-barbarian-hero-3804.zip (357.1 KB)

Top Quote