Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Tempo Training Tournament

king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-23, 02:03

Frisian 34:08

I could have done a couple minutes better, but i screwed up food management in the end. and that couple minutes faster would be the theoretical limit for frisian, because of blacksmith time.

frisian was very unsatisfying to play, as the only obstacle is leveling up the blacksmith and the seamstress. of those, leveling up the seamstress was the only thing requiring a bit of afterthought. aside from that, frisians have all the resources needed already. no need for any food economy besides the farms to get fur from the raindeers. no need for construction economy.

I realize this was done in an attempt to balance frisians, because they have a more complex economy than anyone else, and so they were given more starting material. and i would not want to streamline their economy. so, i don't like it, but so far i can't think of anything better

Attachment:
KoN frisian hero 3408.zip (356.4 KB)

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-04-24, 11:17

42:08 with Barbarians... it's my better time after many try, I'll do better maybe one day face-grin.png but I hope for now it's OK to stay 3rd

Edit=

king_of_nowhere wrote:

i realize the barbarian time can actually be improved by several minutes. one has to make a second metal workshop and upgrade it to war mill before the blacksmith is ready. that way, when the blacksmith has finished gathering experience, there is already the war mill ready. no need to lose time to finish it. this way it will be possible to go below 30 minutes.

i don't think i will want to actually do it, though. i'm feeling lazy

Ok, I should read this before my game this morning face-grin.png

Now I have to try it!

Edited: 2020-04-24, 11:30

Attachment:
TTT_ektor_barbarians_4208.zip (395.5 KB)

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-24, 11:52

I also wanted to try Barbarian, since they have been my favorite tribe for a long time.

Now i realised they have so many economically disadvantages you even need 2 taverns and 2 ovens to get optimalized times, they are very special compared to other tribes, cause all 3 only need one of those buildings.

My time is 32:38 for my first try

ektor wrote:

42:08 with Barbarians... it's my better time after many try, I'll do better maybe one day face-grin.png but I hope for now it's OK to stay 3rd

So you think world and me will have the 4th or 5th place face-wink.png excellent

Attachment:
B 32 38.wgf (122.6 KB)

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-24, 12:00

and the Replay

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-04-24, 12:33

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

It works now, but I think that the faster result should rather not count. Recycling older tries is against the rules - or is this not clear? Difficult...

It was not explicitly forbidden, as far as I could read so far.

The rules say: "start your game, train one soldier to the highest level and save immediately" - so the game should be started from the beginning and not loaded. So I'm not going to accept further matches which are loaded from another try. However, if nobody is against it, I might turn a blind eye to this one match at the end of the tournament so it can count.

I'm going to change the rules now: Only replays from the beginning to the end are accepted, they must not be in parts. If they are newer than this rule.

Ooh, OK... I miss this. So I really have to retry entire game. face-grin.png

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-04-24, 12:35

the-x wrote:

I also wanted to try Barbarian, since they have been my favorite tribe for a long time.

Now i realised they have so many economically disadvantages you even need 2 taverns and 2 ovens to get optimalized times, they are very special compared to other tribes, cause all 3 only need one of those buildings.

My time is 32:38 for my first try

ektor wrote:

So you think world and me will have the 4th or 5th place face-wink.png excellent

You can't understand "I hope" ? Well, my dreams are destroyed now... thanks!

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-04-24, 12:42

the-x wrote:

and the Replay

I'm sorry, what version of the game did you use? I tried to watch the replay with the amazon6762 version but it doesn't appear in the replays list even though I downloaded it correctly...

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-04-24, 12:52

king_of_nowhere wrote:

32:27 with barbarian. always amazon 6762.

theoretical best time with barbarians is 31 minutes. that's the time it takes to build a metal workshop, work it long enough to gain a master blacksmith, upgrade it to war mill, and build the 5 axes needed. i made the metal workshop as my first building, it always worked, and still i got the last axe at 30:30. add in the time for road transport and promotions.

I could have done one minute better if the arena hadn't kicked out my soldier. barbarian training sites kick out very easily. i had to cycle all my soldiers to get the soldier back, and that made me lose time to promote it. I'm not going to try and improve it. it would not be entertaining enough. paradozically, barbarians are actually the easiest tribe to optimize: the blacksmith is your bottleneck. you cannot speed it up. everything else is faster. so as long as you keep your blacksmith working, other details are less important.

I don't think this time difference with atlanteans is a balancing problem. if you are fighting on a small map, then the fastest hero is not important, because you have to train soldiers very fast for early contact and you can't afford to train a hero first. and on a larger, slower map, you won't be making contact with the opponent so early, so you will have time to train your heroes anyway.

Seriously, What's happen with this replay?

I can't see Barbarians in the replay, but Atlanteans!

I'm driving crazy face-grin.png

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-24, 14:33

ektor wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

theoretical best time with barbarians is 31 minutes. that's the time it takes to build a metal workshop, work it long enough to gain a master blacksmith, upgrade it to war mill, and build the 5 axes needed. i made the metal workshop as my first building, it always worked, and still i got the last axe at 30:30. add in the time for road transport and promotions.

I could have done one minute better if the arena hadn't kicked out my soldier. barbarian training sites kick out very easily. i had to cycle all my soldiers to get the soldier back, and that made me lose time to promote it. I'm not going to try and improve it. it would not be entertaining enough. paradozically, barbarians are actually the easiest tribe to optimize: the blacksmith is your bottleneck. you cannot speed it up. everything else is faster. so as long as you keep your blacksmith working, other details are less important.

I don't think this time difference with atlanteans is a balancing problem. if you are fighting on a small map, then the fastest hero is not important, because you have to train soldiers very fast for early contact and you can't afford to train a hero first. and on a larger, slower map, you won't be making contact with the opponent so early, so you will have time to train your heroes anyway.

to me it works fine. maybe you are using the wrong version?

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-04-24, 15:00

king_of_nowhere wrote:

ektor wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

to me it works fine. maybe you are using the wrong version?

It's with ama6762 I read it... well, it's not important by the way, sorry for all those posts...

I see the save file, and it's the good one with barbarians, and I learn a lot only with this. Thanks. I understand that for this hero speed I don't need a Coalburner face-smile.png

It's amazing that I made it several time before and I understand this in viewing the end of your savegame face-smile.png

Edited: 2020-04-24, 15:04

Top Quote