Topic: The Triple Circle System

the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-30, 01:20

Here is the finished version:

Upgrade Hero in 4 categories:

• "sword" which is the actual apgrade for a hero which makes him stronger level to level, for example level 1-5

• "evade" also in level 1-3 or what i prefer let all upgrades the civilisations already have the same, so some have advantage in this, some in that

if enemy has "defense" he attacks with "attack * 0,5"

• "defense" also in level 1-3 or what i prefer let all upgrades the civilisations already have the same, so some have advantage in this, some in that

if enemy has "amor" he attacks with "attack * 0,5"

• "amor" also in level 1-3 or what i prefer let all upgrades the civilisations already have the same, so some have advantage in this, some in that

if enemy has "evade" he attacks with "attack * 0,5"

Each civilisation has different presets, so it is more likely, that if you play against a barbarian you can guess 60% he might play this strategy. It makes 2v2 games extremly fun cause you pick your civilisation depending what all other 3 players do.

evade > defense > amor > evade > defense

The highest upgrade will be relatively expensive so we will also have technology over time development in it without explicitly making something as research.

Be A, B, C upgrades in level 1, 2 or 3

then 1A against 1B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 0.5 attack value per round

then 2A against 1B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 0.4 attack value per round

then 3A versus 1B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 0.3 attack value per round

then 1A against 1B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 0.5 attack value per round

then 1A against 2B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 0.7 attack value per round

then 1A against 3B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 1 attack value per round

then 1A against 1B and 1C is simply 1 attack value per round vs 1 attack value per round

then 2A against 1B and 1C is simply 1 attack value per round vs 0.7 attack value per round

then 3A versus 1B and 1C is simply 1 attack value per round vs 0.5 attack value per round

then 1A and 1C against 1B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 1 attack value per round

then 2A and 2C against 2B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 1 attack value per round

then 3A and 3C against 3B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 1 attack value per round

then 1A and 1C against 1B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 1 attack value per round

then 2A and 2C against 1B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 1.5 attack value per round

then 3A and 3C against 1B is simply 1 attack value per round vs 2.25 attack value per round

Seien A, B, C die Upgrades jeweils in Stufe 1, 2 oder 3

dann ist 1A gegen 1B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 0,5 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 2A gegen 1B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 0,4 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 3A gegen 1B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 0,3 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 1A gegen 1B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 0,5 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 1A gegen 2B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 0,7 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 1A gegen 3B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 1 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 1A gegen 1B und 1C einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 1 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 2A gegen 1B und 1C einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 0,7 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 3A gegen 1B und 1C einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 0,5 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 1A und 1C gegen 1B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 1 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 2A und 2C gegen 2B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 1 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 3A und 3C gegen 3B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 1 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 1A und 1C gegen 1B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 1 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 2A und 2C gegen 1B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 1,5 Angriffswert pro Runde

dann ist 3A und 3C gegen 1B einfach 1 Angriffswert pro Runde vs 2,25 Angriffswert pro Runde

Edited: 2020-03-30, 01:38

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-30, 01:23

Another option would be, maybe you still know the armor from other strategy games: If someone upgrades a, the hero simply takes x * less damage - Eine andere Möglichkeit wäre, vielleicht kennt ihr noch die Rüstung aus anderen Strategiespielen: Wenn jemand a upgradet, nimmt der Held einfach x * weniger Schaden

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-30, 01:41

It is really easy to understand to decide between level 1,2 or 3 the question is can you develop all upgrades or only in one or two

but it is great to play cause each stage offers new possibilities

Top Quote
JanO
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2020-03-30, 08:41

Actually, in most other games I know it works different. There armour and health have different effects caused by armour reducing the applied damage not by a*x (0<x<1) but by a-x (0<=x<=a). Your proposed change doesn't change the 'problem' that currently health upgrades and defense upgrades do basically the same.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-30, 11:01

Your proposed change doesn't change the 'problem' that currently health upgrades and defense upgrades do basically the same.

They don't face-wink.png Defense is the percentage of an attack that is deducted, and health is the absolute number of health points which increases by a fixed value per level. So they are similar but not identical.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-30, 11:07

@the-x: Thanks for this detailed plan face-smile.png

It would probably be difficult to balance this properly but it has the potential to make the fighting system more interesting! This will need to be tested in action of course but I like the general concept face-smile.png

The one thing I don't see here though is how the different military-economy pathways of the different tribes come in here. I believe those would need to be reworked from scratch to fit to the new system, which is the downside of this proposal…

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-30, 12:01

JanO wrote:

Actually, in most other games I know it works different. There armour and health have different effects caused by armour reducing the applied damage not by a*x (0<x<1) but by a-x (0<=x<=a). Your proposed change doesn't change the 'problem' that currently health upgrades and defense upgrades do basically the same.

Good Idea. Indeed i would prefer to multiply instead of reducing the applied damage - because there might be a problem with the highest levels so that soldiers get imbalanced strong.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-30, 12:06

Nordfriese wrote:

@the-x: Thanks for this detailed plan face-smile.png

It would probably be difficult to balance this properly but it has the potential to make the fighting system more interesting! This will need to be tested in action of course but I like the general concept face-smile.png

Of course this needs some testing before. I ca do the testing and the numbers / balancing. To the different tribes economy: Atlanteans for example can upgrade evade still twice, which means they can reach 2B but not 3B - this means you carefully pick your tribe.

We can add a stage for improvement which makes it even better with "evade" 3 (means 3B) or we let it all the same and then we have 2B, 1C

Edited: 2020-03-30, 12:15

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-30, 12:20

The main point is you will come to if you play the third game against the same player it nearly gets the same everytime, you know at 0:55 he will have his hero finished and you will have your hero at 1:05 so only if your enemy doesnt make a big mistake the outcome of the game is clear before you start the game. And face-wink.png if he levels his Hero fast like that ihe wont make enough additional mistakes. By this you keep the strong player faster but add an element which generates long term fun.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-30, 13:07

Nordfriese wrote:

It would probably be difficult to balance this properly but it has the potential to make the fighting system more interesting! This will need to be tested in action of course but I like the general concept :)

So I think the best way now is we try how it work in reality and also have a closer look if there would be to many changes, which is besides nice balance also important to have a look at. I hope that you can help me with the implementing - I will do all the rest but i can not put it into game language.

Then we do some tests and only if we see it works out very good we will put it to discussion again?

Edited: 2020-03-30, 13:07

Top Quote