Latest Posts

Topic: A Non Human Tribe

samithdisal
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-08-25, 18:39

Hehe yes we had this discussion before about not inserting a new tribe soon. And it will not be soon anyway. I only work on Asians and still under first age. You know balancing things here and there using the same graphics can found on other tribes to define the economy. And will take lots of more effort. But If genesis like to help on developments you can make it user self and give as a download(its easy as only a tar ball ;)). So it will not be a part on the widelands and will not tracked on reported to widelands over any fault:)

Sorry if i made anyone annoying.

NoOb KiWwaTa NoOb Ma NeWeI

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-08-25, 19:05

SirVer wrote: please note that there will not be a fourthd tribe shipped with widelands for the forseeable future. We focus on balancing and tweaking the current ones first. On a personal note, I am not happy with a undead tribe in widelands. It just doesn't fit my imagination of it... building up, harvesting, and pursuing the health of your tribe.

Exactly my point of view. face-smile.png

However, there is no reason against inofficial extra tribes and if the creator allows it, I don't see a reason, why the tribe should not even be downloadable from our homepage - so it would not be included in the official package, but would be available as addon, like the maps in the maps section.

At least it seems, there are already some people interested in such tribes, so...

Top Quote
EgyLynx

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-08-25, 22:35

SirVer wrote: On a personal note, I am not happy with a undead tribe in widelands. It just doesn't fit my imagination of it... building up, harvesting, and pursuing the health of your tribe.

my:Undead tribe is sounds good in RPG game, not at so called realtime citybuiling game!

edit: ARE there MORE thinks at priority at make than "players maked tribe styles"?!

Edited: 2010-08-25, 22:38

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-08-26, 10:12

Egy, I didn't understand your last post face-smile.png

But of course we could make a download section for new tribes. Totally not against this.

Top Quote
edwardecl

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-08-31, 16:25

Could you add a random event Borg invasion?

And random event UFO crash with the aliens out of x-com, and have them set up their own little camp and they go round harvesting humans for food and some cattle mutilation :/.

Or a tribe of cannibals... instead of having pig farms they have human farms. And if you are close to your border have their hunters come across the border and take your carriers for meat and any geologists/scouts/woodcutters that happen to wander out too far.

All totally crap ideas but it would be extremely funny.

Top Quote
samithdisal
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-08-31, 17:19

hahahaha well my idea of adding a non human tribe is not for something to destroy the current game play, it was just an idea of having a deferent economy. So yes it feels crap nothing personal, its just wont fix here

NoOb KiWwaTa NoOb Ma NeWeI

Top Quote
edwardecl

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-09-01, 15:29

Nah I'm just thinking of that star trek game where you control planets and stuff, and randomly a Borg cube turns up and it's pretty much game over as when it takes a certain amount of your population another cube appears. Funny to see something that out of order in a game... well OK not really but :).

Could always turn it into some fantasy mod though like the age of wonders game and have lizard men, goblins, dwarves, halfings, orcs en stuff. That was also one of my favorite games, shame they stopped developing it and buggered up the sequel. Why do they always bugger up sequels?

But better to finish the ones you have first. I was just saying my ideas are crap.

Top Quote