Latest Posts

Topic: Metaserver rules

simplypeachy

Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2020-03-22, 19:15

I today noticed a user in the Metaserver who was chastising another player who wanted to play a game with their friends, rather than allow anyone into their game. The user made a statement that the player's account "will be deleted" if the player did not allow anyone to join their game, and suffixed their statement with "the mod", presumably inferring that they were a moderator/operator, and thus their rule was an official one made on behalf of the project.

I have never been aware that this is a rule and although I recognise the user's username I wasn't aware of them having any role on making or enforcing rules. To threaten a player in this way seems to be dishonest and unbecoming of our welcoming and laid-back community.

Perhaps a brief note could be added to the Metaserver MOTD with details on who are considered operators and perhaps a link to a short set of rules. Be nice, play fair, do not impersonate.

Edited: 2020-03-22, 19:17

WARNING: New-style view packet not found. There may be strange effects regarding unseen areas.
_aD on IRC

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-03-22, 19:37

simplypeachy wrote:

I have never been aware that this is a rule and although I recognise the user's username I wasn't aware of them having any role on making or enforcing rules. To threaten a player in this way seems to be dishonest and unbecoming of our welcoming and laid-back community.

He has not.

Perhaps a brief note could be added to the Metaserver MOTD with details on who are considered operators and perhaps a link to a short set of rules. Be nice, play fair, do not impersonate.

The admins/mods have a green square in front of their name.

Top Quote
simplypeachy

Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2020-03-22, 19:49

Thanks for the clarification.

WARNING: New-style view packet not found. There may be strange effects regarding unseen areas.
_aD on IRC

Top Quote