Latest Posts

Topic: Flatpak

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-07, 12:48

@ Tribal-Chief:
So the flatpak method does not fit in your personal habits and preferences. That could always be the case for everybody. However for other people with other habits it might be useful to have a possibility to just install widelands without the need to compile. They might even live with or like the need to install specific sound driver software.
So personally I think it is very egocentric to call something "crap" just because it is not fitting personal needs and preferences.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-13, 19:02

When I try to remove the last parts of the flatpak installation, flatpak says "nothing to remove because nothing is installed".

So I tried to install it with flatpak again and flatpak says "cannot install this because it is already installed".

So, another bug there.

Edited: 2020-03-13, 19:03

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-03-13, 23:16

WorldSavior wrote:

When I try to remove the last parts of the flatpak installation, flatpak says "nothing to remove because nothing is installed".

You're taking about Widelands?

So I tried to install it with flatpak again and flatpak says "cannot install this because it is already installed".

Widelands?

So, another bug there.

No. You didn't tell which distribution, gave no console output, didn't say what commands you used. I tested on Linux Mint and have no problems whatsoever. No idea what you guys are doing. But without any detailed information it is hard to tell what your problems actually are.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-14, 01:51

stonerl wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Widelands?

Is this a Widelands Forum?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-04-20, 09:59

WorldSavior wrote:

stonerl wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Widelands?

Is this a Widelands Forum?

So, WorldSavior, you're right, it's a Widelands forum.

But the important thing stonerl says is:

stonerl wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

So, another bug there.

No. You didn't tell which distribution, gave no console output, didn't say what commands you used. I tested on Linux Mint and have no problems whatsoever. No idea what you guys are doing. But without any detailed information it is hard to tell what your problems actually are.

The best thing you can do to get things done is answer this face-grin.png

Top Quote