Latest Posts

Topic: idea: gifting soldiers to an ally

the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-28, 18:43

Yes, i see the same that there are so many difficult things to implement and the outcome might not be that high (only in 2v2 player battles where we really have an economy and a rush player) I also wish to have some games but I think this is not happen.

My advide would be to try different things to make multiplayer first more exciting, it doesnt have to be a triple circle system, which has great impact on the attractive and random exciting games part - maybe something completely different?

Edited: 2020-02-28, 18:48

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-28, 21:58

I just tried the shared in start condition and although this is not exactly what is suggested it is at least not far away. Only thing is you have to have the same tribe. You could test this esily by running a local multiplayer with 2 players shared in start against some Ai players.
That might be fun to play, if I only had more time. As I am going on holiday next week I won't be available, however afterwards maybe I could find some time to test this online in real multiplayer.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-29, 15:24

hessenfarmer wrote:

I just tried the shared in start condition. That might be fun to play, if I only had more time. As I am going on holiday next week I won't be available, however afterwards maybe I could find some time to test this online in real multiplayer.

You can message me for playing when you have time

Solstice_s_Return wrote:

With my diplomacy layer it would work like this: A player builds an embassy. Diplomats move into that building according to how many other players or AI:s there are in the game. There they train their basic skills to make an agreement. To train their skills they need paper, which is made from some crop fibers combined with cloth and the process takes also one wood and one water. This is done in paper makers hut and from the wares that already exist.

When a potential enemy border gets discovered, it is very important to scout the area to find a warehouse. Immediately when a warehouse (or port or headquarters) is discovered, one of the diplomats walks to there (with or without basic skills) Now basic diplomatic relations are estabilished, but they are still pretty useless, because any big deal requires a lot of paper to all drafts and other scrap paper to get accomplished.

If player's Diplomat is skilled enough, he/she can now make a deal about renting soldiers. If it gets agreed upon, the other player gets hired soldiers and the another compensation in wares. At first, the soldiers move into the warehouse in which the Diplomat resides. Now they are available to use almost like an own soldiers, but: In case relations break and war ensues, Diplomat returns to the embassy. On a level where soldiers can be rented, there shouldn't be a possibility to start a war immediately. The owner of the rented soldiers can see them all the time (exept when they are inside a building) and if the deal breaks up, the soldiers return to the nearest warehouse in their home territory.

With diplomacy, this is just one deal among others, but the whole thing is ofcourse a big deal to get developed and implemented.

too complicated imho

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

and there is all the mess with different promotion levels to fix

Which mess?

you are atlantean. you gift soldiers to your barbarian ally. what soldiers do your ally receive?

Atlantean soldiers

in my idea, your barbarian ally should get some atlantean soldiers, with their own promotions (that can't be promoted in barbarian training sites). but that would require adding some code.

It requires additional code either way

otherwise, your ally can receive barbarian soldiers. but then, what would happen to the defence promotions that barbarians lack? and what would happen if barbarian gifted a soldier with attack 5 and defence 3, which atlantean does not have?

There are no good solutions for this possibilty

And what if allies could share territory, roads and carriers? Too complicated?

share... how, exactly?

For territory there would be two possibilities: Sharing all territory or sharing only "overlapping" territory.

Roads could be connected to a shared network. And wares could also be shared, but it's also possible that they are not shared, which could be less complicated.

Carriers: The closest warehouse still sends out carriers, nothing much to discuss here. Second Carriers: One possibility is that players can also share second carriers, the other one is that they don't (second carriers walk only to the "correct" roads, not to roads of the other player).

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-29, 20:58

WorldSavior wrote:

For territory there would be two possibilities: Sharing all territory or sharing only "overlapping" territory.

Roads could be connected to a shared network. And wares could also be shared, but it's also possible that they are not shared, which could be less complicated.

This is the "shared in" mode, so that's already implemented as long as you play the same tribe.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-03-12, 20:28

GunChleoc wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

This is the "shared in" mode, so that's already implemented as long as you play the same tribe.

... with some differences:

• all statistics are shared
  • players have the same color

And I mentioned some possibilities which would be different to the "shared kingdom" mode

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote