Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-24, 13:38

hessenfarmer wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

• Focus on Economy more than on military

--> Slow down fights to 1/4

(+1). Could be done by proportionally decreasing all attack values. But this would have to be checked very carefully as we can terribly mess up the balancing here, especially for higher levels where one hit more or less to kill the opponent makes a huge difference.

(+1) Well indeed it is much easier be done than most challenges were facing atm, you only need the "Stein Schere Papier Prinzip"

We need to set all attack values to 1/4 (it's really not that extremly difficult)

Edited: 2020-02-24, 13:45

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-24, 13:58

If hessenfarmer says that lowering attack values proportionally I'm inclined to believe him, he knows such things better than I do. Alternatively if we want to slow down battle (on which there is no consensus so far) it would also be possible to delay the actual battles. The duration of each attack round is hardcoded as 1s and could easily be increased without affecting the actual fight. All soldiers would need new battle animations then or they would look like they move through honey.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-24, 14:01

Nordfriese wrote:

The duration of each attack round is hardcoded as 1s and could easily be increased without affecting the actual fight.

This sounds like a very good idea, if making numbers 1/4 is not possible - which mathematically should be no problem since all numbers include not only health but also defense

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-24, 14:01

the-x wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

• Focus on Economy more than on military

--> Slow down fights to 1/4

(+1). Could be done by proportionally decreasing all attack values. But this would have to be checked very carefully as we can terribly mess up the balancing here, especially for higher levels where one hit more or less to kill the opponent makes a huge difference.

(+1) Well indeed it is much easier be done than most challenges were facing atm, you only need the "Stein Schere Papier Prinzip"

We need to set all attack values to 1/4 (it's really not that extremly difficult)

If you pretend to cite me, you should at least incorporate the correct citation!
My statement was: "No, it can't be done that easy without affecting balance. As it would increase the effectiveness of high evade values."

BTW: Incorporating a stone, scissors, paper principle like suggested is indeed a big change in game mechanics and would request a total rebalancing of the tribes.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-24, 18:41

I'm strongly against a stone-scissors-paper-principle and I'm also against slowing fights down, as they can take already very long.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Solstice_s_Return
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-02-26, 21:06

I'm also against slowing down the battles as then they'd easily get unintresting. When they get unintresting, one might also begin to question why there's so much emphasis put into training soldiers in the game. If the battles get reduced into a level where they are boring to follow, then the complexity of training the soldiers should also be reduced to be on par with them.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-26, 22:04

Since the game doenst get more excited the faster soldiers attack, Hasi for example quit playing for this reason, we had to reduce speed everytime an attack happend, which was quite often

And i understand it twice, since games are not more interesting when soldiers fight faster but it reduced a) stress for players, especially players who are new and b) you can watch soldiers longer but if you have sth with speed we can still reduce numbers to 1/4 which might be the best variation.

Top Quote