Latest Posts

Topic: Build 21

the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-22, 01:22

Important will be also to make handling more easy, easy changes but in total make a lot better

• attack order: default condition is all soldiers attack, and cursor is at the ok button
  • enlarge menues: sometimes needs more clicks to click the "ok" button. i mean it should be easy

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-22, 12:37

WorldSavior wrote:

Lower levels can already be important at the game. I mean, look at my matches against the-x on Crater. His attack is too strong to be defended with a full-promotion-strategy, so it can be all about lower training levels on small maps.

Nah face-wink.png thats really not cause of my skills in sodliers since i dont have there any at all face-wink.png face-tongue.png It might be more my economy skill or management of wares

So. the problem is we have nice promotions in 4 ways. Why dont we use them that players can individually choose new strategies. atm the only strategy is to full level.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-22, 12:40

the-x wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Lower levels can already be important at the game. I mean, look at my matches against the-x on Crater. His attack is too strong to be defended with a full-promotion-strategy, so it can be all about lower training levels on small maps.

Nah face-wink.png thats really not cause of my skills in sodliers since i dont have there any at all face-wink.png face-tongue.png It might be more my economy skill or management of wares

So. the problem is we have nice promotions in 4 ways. Why dont we use them that players can individually choose new strategies. atm the only strategy is to full level.

Im thinking about something like:

Evade > Attack > c > Evade > attack > c

A nice circle system, easy to implement and guaranteeing lots of fun

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-22, 12:43

This would be so great if we can build random AI's where the AI randomly chooses one strategy and the player can try to get to know it by scouts, and then every game is different. It wont even need much change in AI, since it is only the choose which promotion to level or which to level first.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-22, 15:01

the-x wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

I strongly agree with everything you say here, king_of_nowhere - with one exception:

... while the lower levels certainly need some love ...

yes, but besides some corner case the optimal strategy is most often to skip to the full promotion directly. or perhaps to skip to full promotion minus one or two promotions who are less cost-effective.

i wouldn't mind seeing some more use of the middle promotions. but i want the full promotion to still be the best viable strategy if you have actually time and resources to promote your soldiers. so, i could be in favor of a minor correction, but nothing drastic

Yes, thats the case. I understand that the same order has some priority to the game - but different strategies would give more opportunities, many new strategies and it will be very fun thinking on those strategies. maybe always direct hero is always the same order

Can you explain? I don't understand this

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

I strongly agree with everything you say here, king_of_nowhere - with one exception:

... while the lower levels certainly need some love ...

yes, but besides some corner case the optimal strategy is most often to skip to the full promotion directly.

What would be the alternative?

the-x wrote:

the-x wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

That's not the point. The point is not how you play, but how one has to defend against you - that's what I mean.

atm the only strategy is to full level.

As I said that not's true, especially on small maps. And even on huge maps, I wouldn't use only full-level-soldiers.

How to implement this at all? And how could it be easy whithout destroing the current balance ?

the-x wrote:

• attack order: default condition is all soldiers attack,

Now that's a very good idea.

and cursor is at the ok button

This is not that bad neither

• enlarge menues: sometimes needs more clicks to click the "ok" button. i mean it should be easy

I think stonerl talked somewhere about making this window size dependend from the screen size, this could solve the problem for you

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-22, 16:40

WorldSavior wrote:

the-x wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

atm the only strategy is to full level.

How to implement this at all? And how could it be easy whithout destroing the current balance ?

That could really easy be done

By Evade you have a chance to not get the attack which means that evade wins against attack

Trust me, it opens up a lot and since you really tried it out it will be fun.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-22, 17:02

If you chose evade upgrade your soldiers will win against a player who choses to uprade attack

• because some hits miss which is proportioally affecting attack more than defense or shield

If you chose attack upgrade your soldiers will win against a player who choses to uprade defense and players with lower level upgrades

• is there a better option? maybe cause many defense points are reduced faster if theres no attack - we have a little of this but this must be with more effect
  • or sth like a shield against this sort of attack
  • or ?

If you chose defense upgrade your soldiers will win against a player who choses to uprade evade

If you chose shields upgrade your soldiers will win against a mix of the other - ideas?

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-22, 17:26

the-x wrote:

If you chose evade upgrade your soldiers will win against a player who choses to uprade attack

• because some hits miss which is proportioally affecting attack more than defense or shield

If you chose attack upgrade your soldiers will win against a player who choses to uprade defense and players with lower level upgrades

If you chose defense upgrade your soldiers will win against a player who choses to uprade evade

If you chose shields upgrade your soldiers will win against a mix of the other - ideas?

it does not work that way with the current combat system. it would have to be changed completely, because so far the power of a soldier can be summed up as attack*health/((1-defence)*(1-evade)). there is no way to make one promotion more effective against another specifically. to use the example you used, evade affects more attack because it makes it miss entirely, but even without attack you still need to kill an enemy. if you got hit 80% of the times and after evade you get hit 40% of times, it will take twice as long to kill your soldier. if your soldier dealt 10 damage per attack and now it deals 20 damage per attack, it will kill any opponent twice as fast. and that's it.

plus, you keep suggesting this idea every once in a while, and it always get rejected. it would force a major rework of game mechanics, it would take even more focus on fighting and away from the economy, it would make the game more random, and i don't see it introducing much of a skill factor in it.

Edited: 2020-02-22, 22:34

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-24, 09:48

Nordfriese wrote:

• Focus on Economy more than on military

--> Slow down fights to 1/4

(+1). Could be done by proportionally decreasing all attack values. But this would have to be checked very carefully as we can terribly mess up the balancing here, especially for higher levels where one hit more or less to kill the opponent makes a huge difference.

No, it can't be done that easy without affecting balance. As it would increase the effectiveness of high evade values.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-24, 09:57

the-x wrote:

That could really easy be done

And this judgement is based on what knowledge of the code and the game mechanics?
If it is so easy you could propose some code that could be reviewed.

Top Quote