Latest Posts

Topic: A Non Human Tribe

samithdisal
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-08-10, 15:25

These days I am working on Asians tribe. But meanwhile I got an idea about a non human tribe which will add more fun than another normal tribe. The robots not as today but in medieval.

They should work in steam. Therefore they need water and cal to work. Most of the economy will be based on mines as they dont eat things produced in farms.

idk give your ideas to choose which one to work on. Asians or a funny but interesting one like this

Cheers, sam

NoOb KiWwaTa NoOb Ma NeWeI

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-08-10, 19:10

Hi :),

well I think Asians are more useful for Widelands, as I really doubt, that we would add robots to Widelands ;).

However robots sound like a nice idea for an additional download. face-smile.png

Cheers Peter

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-08-10, 19:21

@sam: I think your concept of a robot tribe is definitely intriguing and has potential. However, for now while we still have so much to do regarding seafaring and possibly trade and/or religion and other socio-economic avenues, IMHO any new tribe if any should remain human I think.

I certainly don't mean to discourage you from exploring the possibilities for non-human tribes. I recall a recent discussion involving a race of vegetation (like walking trees, etc.) The economic systems for these exotic tribes would require a lot of consideration not to mention balancing with the existing systems.

It's just that there is a lot more to flesh out with what we currently have.

Just my two cents

I see little people.

Top Quote
samithdisal
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-08-10, 20:22

Hmm well anyway sketches for Asians are nearly over face-smile.png so ill proceed with that. face-smile.png But still like a steam robot face-tongue.png

btw i dunno y i cant type col with 'a' face-upset.png it vanishes after submitting .. must be something to do with local spell checkers face-smile.png

Top Quote
genesis

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-08-21, 16:53

What about a undead-race with skletons?

I like your sugestion about a steampunk-race. It will be very fun to play.

best regards max

Top Quote
samithdisal
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-08-21, 18:03

Hehe thanks, so tell us more about your idea. How should the economy goes. As they don't eat anything (except brains).

And btw welcome to widelands forum face-smile.png

Edited: 2010-08-21, 18:04

Top Quote
EgyLynx

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-08-22, 09:49

It is intresting if there are 8 different towns... "who will win Imperilist Imperium, Artisk atlantist, Glory greedy Barbiaans, Agresively Aasians... or some one else?"

well it is also "intresting" if ther 8 same...

Top Quote
genesis

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-08-24, 22:21

well, my first thoughts:

its a dark tribe of necromancer. some ideas of buildings and resources:

resource: bones. maybe for building, weapons and shields gravedigger: he "places" graves like farmer feelds or the forester trees bonecollector: he collect bones from the graves

resource: herbs herbalist: for herbs

resource: essence. maybe for mines, training, etc alchemist: herbs and water to essence

resource: boar. for meat sludge pit: produces boar with water

resource: meat slaughter: produces meat with boars

resource: dead wood maybe can use deadtrees. the territory of the dark tribe should be a deadly environment (trees dies fast, no animals)

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-08-25, 11:13

please note that there will not be a fourthd tribe shipped with widelands for the forseeable future. We focus on balancing and tweaking the current ones first.

On a personal note, I am not happy with a undead tribe in widelands. It just doesn't fit my imagination of it... building up, harvesting, and pursuing the health of your tribe.

Top Quote
genesis

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-08-25, 11:48

yea, its difficult enough to balance the existing one face-smile.png

Top Quote